It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:12 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All, I'm new to this forum as I just got my Lady Belle a couple weeks ago. I would like to train her to use the toilet but I've been reading so many negative comments about it that it's made me feel a bit guilty. My breeder trained two of hers and liked it & it worked well for her. I would like to know if any more of you guys have trained their Bengals lately and how it's going or if you had problems and gave it up. I'd appreciate your comments. My kitten isn't afraid of the toilet & sits on it all the time, she has full use of my bathroom as her litter box is right next to the toilet there and she is super smart at just 4 mos old.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. You posted this in the Gallery section which is for pictures. This would have been better in the Discussion section.

Toilet trining a cat -- to me it's weird because it's not natural for the cat. Cats would automatically jump up on the toilet and go if it did. And if a cat can't also flush the toilet after -- forget it. :biggrin: :biggrin:

But in all seriousness, some cats do go on the toilet and are fine with it. If you're going to train your girl, now is the time to start it. I worry about the cat falling IN the water in their attempts to get this right. I just think it's more laziness than anything so one doesn't have to deal with a litter box. Personally, I'd rather not share my toilet with my cat, but that's just me. If this is something you want to do, by all means, do it. Lady Belle is your cat and you get to decide -- and she can decide to cooperate or not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:17 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for the reply

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 pm 
Senior Bengal

The way it has been explained to me, with starting out with the litter box next to the toilet etc it sounds like a pain in the ass, and also considering I only have 1 bathroom and don't really care to share with a cat that is a no for me lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Especially one with diarrhea -- and may miss the actual toilet and go on the seat! Not that I'm the cleanest person on the planet, but I just don't want to share my toilet with my cat and I have three toilets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:28 pm 
Senior Bengal

Agreed! it's easier to clean the litter box