It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:47 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

After chasing each other in the morning's cold drizzle, Kayley and Bailey came racing inside the garage side door. Bailey came in the house to woof down his plate of chicken and he stretched out on his left side on the TV room carpet. i placed their fancy pleated single window shade over him, so that the ghost showed a tail and 4 paws. Kayley came racing in from the garage only to find a large ghost in HER TV room. She slowly moved to the Ghost's back side and gently tapped his tummy 5 times. She did not move as Bailey started to rollover towards her. With his 4 legs up and on his back, Kayley pushed his rear right leg and toppled him back on his left side again.

She then ran to her cat sofa near the fireplace to pretend that she had been there the entire time. Bailey would have none of it and came charging at her and the chase was on. I would score this session as 10 points to Kayley and 9 for Bailey for being the perfect foil, yet again.

Yes, Spanky stopped his trip to the circulating water dish to watch their performances...The seats maybe cheap but there are always performers.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When my two go at it and start chasing each other, they are bumping into furniture and knocking things over. It's always Raiden chasing the DSH. The DSH isn't into this, so he runs to the nearest exterior door wanting out. Even when it's 18 degrees and snow on the ground. I'm old enough to be a great grandmother to Raiden and his endless energy wears me out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Their outside chases this month involve "hiding" in the branches of leaveless plants and hoping over now dry Purple Fountain Grass. Bailey was in the air ready to land on Kayley when she changed direction and ran UNDER him. Bailey had the "which way did she go?" look as he landed on the ground, not on Kayley has he had planned. During the summer when Kayley was bringing field mice home, sometimes one would make it from the patio to the lawn or shrubs and both worked to bring it back on the patio for chasing. With a mouse around, there was no need to chase each other. There is no toy better than another Bengal to play with.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Casper (the Friendly Ghost) Kayley Caper!

A very tired Bailey from spending 4 hours burning the candle at both ends was snuggled atop the cat condo in the puter room when he heard strange and muffled sounds moving closer to him from the hall. Kayley had their fancy pleated shade wrapped around her with her tail holding it in-place. The sounds were coming from various toys caught by the draped sides of the shade. Bailey peered down to see the ghost moving closer to him and his eyes got HUGE as did his tail.

Just in the nick of time, the shade was caught by a bookcase and Bailey recognized Kayley. I know what to get Kayley for her Halloween costume!

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats dressed up in costumes are the cutest pictures. You'll have to take one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Last night after a round of play, we were ready to go downstairs and i left Ichabod-Bailey in the bedroom while Kayley was near the top of the stairs. I draped a purple kitten blanket over her and covered her completely. I made it downstairs only to hear a large buffalo fleeing down the stairs with a HUGE tail. Kayley in her ghost garb was chasing him as he turned the corner from the stairs to race to the fireplace to save himself from the ghost. Kayley's ghost blanket came off of her and her back hairs were all up, having panicked Ichabod-Bailey, she was spooked too. Ichabod-Bailey took 4 minutes for his tail to shrink down to normal size and another 6 minutes before he was ready to sniff the purple blanket. Kayley's fur came down in about a minute.

Spanky had been on his way from his cat sofa to the circulating water dish, so was able to watch Ichabod-Bailey and the ghost race in the TV room. The seats maybe cheap but we always have performers!

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I certainly get and enjoy my "cat entertainment" from your babies.