[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - New at the forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New at the forum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:45 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello,
I’m a new member of the forum. My beloved Bengal cat Chester died on Wednesday. He was 7.5 years old. When I got him from the breeder I knew almost right away that he is sick. I didn’t have a nerve to take him back because I was attached to him right away. He couldn’t eat regular cat food and after trying all kind of food possible we switched to home cooked died. After very expensive tests he was diagnosed with IBD. The home diet helped and he was doing really good for 5 years and then we had to put him on budesonide and he seemed ok. For the past month he got sick again and we were giving him flagil hoping that this probably another IBD attack. He suddenly died on Wednesday we got home and found him dead. This is our second Bengal. Our 1st one had HCM and only lived 3.5 years.

We are devastated. But we love Bengals. We want to adapt another benga now. Do you know an honest breeder if such exists you can recommend? I live in the Bay Area but I can go to another state if there is a good breede there.

Thank you for you advice

Tanya

Post subject: Re: New at the forum
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sorry for your loss and appreciate your character standing by your Bengal in good times and hard times. Kayley and Bailey, brother and sister, one year olds I got from

https://www.leopardsrealm.com

They are in Arizona, Sierra Vista, so i flew down and the drove the two home to northern Nevada. I highly recommend them.

ptolemy and Bengal 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am se very sorry for your loss. My bengal has IBD as well. He is 11-1/2 years old. Here is a link to breeders in California. The state is long and you're in the middle, but hopefully you can find a good breeder near you.

https://bengalcatclub.com/bengal-cat-br ... alifornia/

Quality Bengal Kittens is a collaboration between Solana Ranch and Wildernesswell and both have been breeding a VERY long time.

Most on the list have been breeding for a very long while and offer beautiful, quality kittens. They all have websites you might want to visit. Phone numbers are also listed if you want to call and speak to them.

Know that many bengals have health issues -- due to the early (and continuing) inbreeding. The majority of breeder lines started from Millwood way back in the 80's. There is no 100% guarantee that any bengal kitten you purchase will not develop something during their life. You appear to have gotten unlucky with bengals that have not lived long, fruitful lives. It's great that you want to continue with the breed.

Just make sure that the breeders tests for EVERYTHING. HCM, PRA, PK, FeLV, etc. Usually if the parents are clear, the kittens will be as well. Know, too, these breeders will have their available kittens posted on their website and you just might fall instantly in love with one. :biggrin:

You never stop grieving for a lost pet. Hopefully, a new one will fill the void you now have.

{{{HUGS}}}

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello Sherry and Ptolemy,

Thank you for your support and advice. It seemed like we had his IBD under control. He had it since we got him (3month old). He couldn't eat any commercial food so we cooked his food (lamb and rice) for him. Before he died he had one of his IBD attacks. I was giving him flagyl and budesonide as the doctor prescribed and he was acting normal 1hour prior to his death. He was eating good and he was active. We found him dead we are not sure why he died but we ordered necropsy report. We are still in shock.

I contacted Quality Bengal kittens and I have and appointment scheduled to meet the breeder next month. Thank you for recommending the breeder from Arizona. We will contact them as well.

Thank you again,

Tanya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm sure Robyn and Jon at Quality Bengal Kittens are looking forward to meeting you. They have many earlier generation bengals (F4 and F5) parents. LeopardsRealm's kittens are usually F11s. I don't know if the F generation is important to you. I would definitely go with a breeder you are comfortable with as you will be having quite a bit of contact with them through the entire process and you want the breeder to be there after you take possession to answer any questions. I never actually recommend a particular breeder. There are some good ones out there and many good ones that I am probably not aware of. I truly hope you find the breeder you are looking for and get an amazing kitten from them. Take you time, do your research, talk to several different breeders, meet with them if possible. Then you can be reassured that you have found the right one for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.