It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TICA questions
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi,

I'm trying to order a 5 generation pedigree from TICA for my Bengals and are a bit confused by the forms.

Do I need to register them first before I can order the pedigree? Do I fill out the household pet registration? I have the blue breeder slips only.

How do I get their microchip number on the pedigree? The form doesn't ask for it.

I'm not trying to breed or show, but I am moving to HK and need to prove my Bengals are at least 5th generation, and they need to verify with the microchip number.

How long does the process usually take? We only have about 2 months before we have to move and I'm wondering if I can just try to pass them off as regular tabby cats.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post subject: Re: TICA questions
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Create a TICA account and then wait a few days. For some reason you can't just immediately register cats after creating an account.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

In order to get a pedigree, your cat has to be registered. It can all be done at the same time. I mailed in the blue slip with the $12 registration fee and $50 for the pedigree. It took about 3 weeks to get it back, but that was years ago. I don't know that you can register online. TICA requires the blue slip. You can order the pedigree online.

Online accounts are mainly for breeders to register litters, which trigger a blue slip for owners to register the kitten.

Contact TICA and ask any questions you may have. They can tell you what you need to do. You should have enough time. Ask about the microchip numbers, however, I don't believe they put them on the pedigrees. I have literally hundreds of certified TICA pedigrees and there is no microchip number on any of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You can definitely register online. I registered Puck this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Then, I guess you can register a fake bengal on their website as all you would need are SBT numbers for the parents and pedigreed names. You can find that information online, including breeder's information. Unless they've changed it to where you have to put a specific number from your blue slip (like a breeder's registration number that would not be readily known) or the litter registration number that usually has an extension of the litter -- which is a letter, one could register a cat that does not even exist. Maybe because I'm so into the bengal and the F generations and how they are registered. Anybody with information could trick the system and not sure how TICA would be able to check the info.

That being said, it is great if you can actually register your cat online. I contacted TICA when I registered Raiden and they told me to mail them the blue slip with the check, which I did. That was many years ago, so perhaps things have changed with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not really, they did think about these things lol. You do need the BSN and the litter number.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Registered cats command a higher dollar. I think one can buck any system that is out there if they really want to. Breeders put certified pedigrees on their websites (which is how I've acquired so many). But some breeders are smart and don't put even parent information on there, which means I can't determine the F generations for their cats. The sheer number of UNK cats in my database is astounding: 9,964 with one or both parents unknown.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You would still need the litter number, though. Puck's parents auto populated after I put that in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Anything to make it easier to register is great! I just checked and Raiden's litter letter was "Y". Not sure why as I've seen many as "AA" or "EE". Which would probably be determined by the number of litters you have registered, but I know Belladonna Bengals only had a couple of litters before Raiden's and she stopped breeding bengals after that.

Anything to keep the registration system legitimate. I know a TICA breeder who says there are errors on some of the cats -- so no system is perfect!