[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Good breeder in Arizona
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Good breeder in Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have been doing a lot of research but am getting a bit confused about whether I can feel comfortable with any of the breeders in AZ. Does anyone have experience and can tell me whether I can feel confident with anyone here? Given that I am in Phoenix, going outside AZ would likely mean flying and I would prefer to avoid that trauma at the start.

I would be happy to get a rescue but that doesn’t seem likely (if someone has a recommendation hoe to go about that would be happy to listen).
I have reached out to several breeders with interest for both pet kittens as well as available adults. It hasn’t been long so imagine I will get some answers at some point but there are some weird things online about Cazpurr (ripoff report, only Facebook recommendation is from the owner herself), Leopard Craze doesn’t seem to let you visit until you are ready to pick a kitten (after deposit, though I could be wrong about that), 14 karat looks the best in terms of spay/neuter prior to pickup but seems like there may be minimal availability and there is some religious stuff in her page that makes me wonder if she would accept someone nonchristian (that may be reading too much into it).

I just realize I am looking at throwing money at someone before I have met them or even know that they actually have bengals or get to meet them and I am so uncomfortable with that. Just getting some advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

There is a place in Phoenix called Donamae cattery ‭(480) 619-1682‬ I personally did not get a Bengal through then but they were very responsive when I was looking. There is another place I saw on line called thunder cats, they have a fb page also, they are not in AZ, I believe in Colorado but the owner travels to AZ a lot and I know she was willing to bring me a kitten. This means the kitten would travel with the breeder and not sent with cargo. Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bengal breeders in Arizona include:

CamelottaSpots (Kingman)
LeopardsRealm (Sierra Vista)
Cazpurr (Sun City)
14 Karat (Sedona)
LeopardCraze (Mesa)
Little Wolf (Tucson)
Thomwren (Hereford)
Donamae (Phoenix)
Tucson (Tucson)
Kingsmark (Marana)
Bengal Babies of Phoenix.

Here is a link that will give you their website addresses. I do not know how current this list may be.https://bengalcatclub.com/bengal-cat-breeders/

But you've asked specifically about several breeders. Cazpurr has been around for a very long time. Very few breeders will have 100% approval rating. I have a over 100 of Cazpurr cats in my database.

LeopardCraze -- they don't have any parental information on their cats and I have no F generations for their kings and queens.

14 Karat -- I have 31 of their cats and I know they breed cashmere (long haired) bengals. They have been breeding for at least 10 years.

Bengal Babies of Phoenix has zero information on their cats on their website and I would stay clear them, even though they are in Phoenix.

Kingsmark has been breeding for a million years. I have over 300 cats in my database that go back to Kingsmark. However, I don't have any cats that were born in recent years.

Thomwren is another long-time breeder, however, their website doesn't show anything current. Note many breeders do keep their websites up long after they have stopped breeding.

Camelottaspots -- if you can believe what is posted on the internet, they keep over 300 cats -- and they are not taken care of properly. I have nearly 100 of their cats in my database but nothing recent.

First and foremost, you need to be comfortable with the breeder. If some red flag goes up, RUN. Most breeders will allow you to visit their cattery to choose a cat, but I am sure most of the bengals are chosen by photos or videos posted online and never meet their cat until they pick it up at the airport. Elysian Bengals -- the husband will fly the kittens to the owners -- he literally flies on the plane with the kittens. I'm sure there is an extra charge for that, but they honestly take the best care of their kittens and are not in Arizona.

Note that most catteries fill their litters from a waiting list and they do not allow visits until the kittens are much older -- and that could mean a kitten you want is no longer available. Most people will select a kitten and then visit it once the kitten is older and the breeder allows visits.

It costs nothing to contact a breeder for information. How far are you willing to travel by car? There are breeders in surrounding states.

The best advice I can give you is to take your time and do your research. If you want to visit your cat, then go with a cattery that allows this and don't settle for one that doesn't. If you are adamant about not wanting to fly your kitten to you (and I don't blame you,) then you will have to travel a distance to visit and then pick up your kitten.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you for your thoughts, I will consider carefully before I make any decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Feel free to PM me with any other questions. This is an important purchase for you and you need to be 100% satisfied with everything. I have not heard anything negative about Donamae Bengals, just so you know. I do have a few of her cats in my database. However, they are all 10 to 12 years old.