It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Importing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 am 
Bengal Kitten

The laws in Australia are about to change (again) and we won’t be able to import. Unfortunately I’m currently running off Kampur and MajesticPride lines and wanted to add another line in as I’m super careful about inbreeding and linebreeding. I was wondering on what the best method was to approach overseas breeders? It will be my first time importing cats.

Post subject: Re: Importing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I actually thought the law was in effect already. You need to check out the breeders' websites. Many of them have their shipping information on their website. They ALL have contact information so you can ask any questions.

There are limited breeders in Australia, so the lines are going to get inbred pretty quickly or you all will be exchanging studs to get new lines. Kanpur and MajesticPride are great lines and there are many others out there. Start by researching the web and then contact what breeders are you are interested in.

That being said ... I am not a fan of having a cat traveling a ton of hours to a destination. In fact, I'm not a fan of flying cats solo anywhere. But, it is done every day. The main thing, of course, is to make sure all the paperwork is complete. And, unless you make the trip to retrieve your cat and visit the cattery, you are not going to really know the cat you are getting.