[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Unknown Bengal type
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Unknown Bengal type
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm 
Bengal Kitten

About a year and a half ago we adopted this cat from a pet store who was having an adoption day. We weren't expecting to adopt but fell in love with this little guy we named Bo. They provided information about shots etc.. said he was litter trained and the whole 9 yards. We said why not. So we paid $45 usd and we were out the door. After a few days we started to notice that he was having issues with urinating and would be in his litter box trying to go but just squinting his eyes. We then noticed his eyes to be very cloudy and his gentitles to be clumped with litter and swollen. We took him to the vet and they couldn't pin one thing wrong and with having medial background I concluded my self whatever process he went through as a kitten with his genitals caused an infection, which lead to almost kidney failure. We kept him at the vet and they ran fluids on him and antibiotics for about a week and he started to return to normal! A year later he is as healthy as can be. Now you might be thinking why I just explained all of that and it ties in with my general question of what could he be. As he's gotten older he shows more and more traits of a Bengal. He plays fetch, he's verbal, has a spotted stomach, and his patterns are unique but I'm not an expert. So back to that main story. We contacted the pet store who help the adoption day and they said the shelter they received that litter from apparently had 3 other kittens pass away. So something went wrong within that litter some how, possibly someone trying to bread the Bengals and failed? I'll attach photos and possible with someone's expertise you can guesstimate what he could be? Also me and my father have terrible allergies with cats and dogs and with him we have absolutely 0 issues.

Post subject: Identify type??
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 pm 
Bengal Kitten

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139915761 ... res/PCdU98

Post subject: Re: Unknown Bengal type
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! From the pictures, you could very well have a marbled bengal. Know a bengal has the most incredibly soft pelt! Feels very different from your DSH cat.