It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Watery Eye
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My bengal went missing for a few days and has now got a very runny eye. I have been to the vet and been given two types of eye drop and neither of those (when I manage to get them in) have worked. She has no damage to her eye and I wondered if it was brought about by stress? Part of her ear has been bitten off and she came back with what appeared to be stripes down her body where a dog/fox might have attacked her.

Is is possible that this might clear up by itself? We've taken her to vets three times now and they just tell me it is possibly conjunctivitis.

Shall I just give her a few more weeks before taking further action?

Post subject: Re: Watery Eye
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so sorry this happened to your baby. We are not vet techs here. We always bow to your veterinarian who has examined your cat. I'm sure his/her information is correct. It is difficult to give a cat any medication and eye drops may particularly be difficult, but the drops are necessary. It is possible your cat was traumatized and that is also affecting her health. Since you've been to the vet three times and have medication, I would wait and see whether the entire dosage of eye drops has helped. If things have not improved in a couple of weeks, I would call the vet and discuss the situation with them and see if you need to bring her back in.