It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:40 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi,

i'm brand new to this site, but need some advice on my kitten, Shabba.

Shabba is 4 months old and is a fun and active kitten who is very good company. Today (17/09/18) I got home from work about 7pm and Shabba is very lethargic. I don't think he has eaten any food and has constipation. He keeps going to his litter box but nothing will come out. He's been sick twice since I've been home, but it's just white foamy stuff. He's now curled up on my bed but I'm extremely worried as he is all out of sorts.
I want to take him to the vet first thing this morning but any advice on getting through tonight would be helpful.

Thanks, S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm sorry I missed your post. Hopefully by now, you have taken him to the vet. It could be a number of things. A parasite comes to mind first of all. Your vet should test a stool sample. He should also take a blood sample to check those levels. Anything elevated could possibly be contributing to the problem. It is very important cat does not go 48 hours without eating and fatty liver disease can start and once it gets going, it becomes fatal. Thus, syringing food into your kitty would be a good option. if your kitty is dehydrated from not drinking or eating, then fluids will be needed to get your baby back on track.

Please let us know what the vet says.