It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Post spaying surgery
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 am 
Bengal Kitten

Just brought our 6 months old home after she went through spaying.

From all the stress she got she tried to hide into this low wooden crate we have that she considers as no. 1 safe place but wearing the cone she couldn't fit inside. She also tried going on the cat tower but obviously failed (indirectly refrained her from trying to jump). Then she went inside her litter box and initially we thought she wanted to pee but then long silence and saw she fell asleep inside...

She has a patch-ish thing on her stitches and we were told to just let peel off when it does so right now the litter doesn't come into direct contact with her wound. And I know she's in there to seek the comfort and safety but is it alright to let her be for now? (overly-anxious me still worried about the wound getting infected)

Post subject: Re: Post spaying surgery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't know why more vets don't insist on the cat Onesies that leave the cone off and still protect the stitches. The cone does not allow the cat to groom but the Onesie will in places the Onesie doesn't cover. No pet, dog or cat, likes the cone and most have to wear it until the stitches come out. By the time you could order a Onesie and it arrived, the stitches would be off. You might want to create a bed out of a box, line it with a soft blanket and see if she prefers that to a litter box. She is seeking the most comfortable place for her and right now, that is the litter box. You definitely do not want any litter getting into the wound.

Just a thought ... you might Google and find where you can create a Onesie out of an old t-shirt or something else that you don't mind cutting up. I know on tiny cats, they use a sock.

The days will fly by and soon the cone will be a thing of the past for her.

Post subject: Post spaying surgery
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 am 
Bengal Kitten

Okay so my fiancй has a range of medical issues he in in the medical ward at HRRJ and he needs a surgery so how would that work with the hospital stay and would he be able to call me how will Ik he is okay??

Post subject: Re: Post spaying surgery
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not sure how this is related to bengals. You are in a different country and your laws are going to reflect how much personal information is given to you. However, here in the States, you can put the name and contact information of the person who is allowed to receive information on you. They do not have to be a relative. It may be different in Denmark so check with the hospital. There may have been something on the admitting form.