It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ? Lipoma
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bryan has a small lump on the left side of his mid abdomen. I had noticed it about a month ago and mentioned it to the vet a couple of weeks back when I took him for his last lot of vaccinations.
She said it was probably nothing to worry about, most likely a lipoma, but to keep an eye on it and bring him back if it got any bigger.
Some days I think it is bigger and then the next day it seems smaller again.
I'm probably just being paranoid, but have booked him in to the vet for Thursday next week.
I just can't stop thinking about it.
Have any of you guys had your fur babies in for biopsy's or anything similar?

Post subject: Re: ? Lipoma
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I haven't had any issues with my Bengal, but my previous cat had some lumps that had to come off. They were benign. I'm sure you are familiar with Ace on the Bengals Facebook page, who seems to grow tumors constantly. Hopefully, this is nothing serious for Bryan, but your vet will be able to tell you for sure!

Keep us informed, please.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 am 
Senior Bengal

My former tabby Tommie grew a big bump in his neck, right behind one of his ears. It was at least an inch wide, like a ping pong ball was stuck there. It didn't hurt or bother him in any way.

The vet did a biopsy and told me it was benign and they couldn't take it out as this was a dangerous spot to operate. He lived to almost 17 years of age with this bump and died of old age.

I would advice to have any bump checked out thoroughly to find out what you are dealing with. I was horrified to find this bump at first but it turned out to be fine. You need to know for sure though.

Instagram: @snow_bengal_brothers #snow_bengal_brothers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My dog had a lump which was biopsied to be safe and was a lipoma. They did it right there and only took a min or two. Since it was a superficial lump she didn't need anything like anathestics. Was like getting a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mystery of the changing lump size solved. Bryan has a small umbilical hernia that moves in and out of his abdominal wall.
Vet says to keep him fit and lean and it shouldn't be a problem.
If it gets bigger he will need some surgery to stitch up his abdo muscles, but fingers crossed it won't come to that.
Very relieved it's not cancer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tracey, what a relief!!! It's obviously something he has had since birth. Pray it doesn't cause him any other issues. As long as it isn't cancer ..... it's something you can deal with. Whew!! Happy for both you and Bryan.