It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Black patch above nose
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all, very first post just wish it wasn't for something as worrying...

My 6 month old blue bengal has a black mark above his nose that's appeared over the last week. Just wondering if anyone has ideas as to what it could be or has seen it before? I've (hopefully) attached a photo showing it.

I was thinking at first he night have just rubbed the fur off against something but it's gotten bigger the past day or so. It doesn't appear to cause him any pain and he still let's me touch his nose.

He's eating, drinking and going to the toilet as normal. I also have his sister (snow bengal) from the same litter and she is completely fine! They are both house cats.

If it gets worse in the next day or so I'm taking him straight to the vets.

Thanks in advance!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. This could be a number of things. Anytime you see a change like this in your kitty, it is extremely important to see a vet for a diagnosis and treatment. We aren't vet techs here and I can't tell much from the photo except that there is something on the nose that needs to be looked at and treated. I hope you will give us an update.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Please keep us updated after you have taken him to the vet. As Sherry said, it could be any number of things. He seems too young (and given he's an indoor cat) for it to be skin cancer. More likely a scab from something, or dermatitis. Hopefully all OK soon.