It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Bengal Cat Owners!

My Bengal female, Nala, has what I understand is quite a common problem with Bengals. She often gets a crusty nose which I clean up (although it's not been as bad lately) and the same with her eyes (almost like 'sleep' that you'd find with a human).

Recently her eyes have become more watery with a sleep coloured discharge, which again I've been cleaning and wiping every day.

I understand that there is an antibacterial tablet and/or drops that can be administered - does anyone know or can recommend a good brand that I can use? I'm based in the U.K. and will be taking her to the vets to get checked out too, but in the meantime whilst I wait for the appointment, I'd like to do what I can for her.

Thanks in advance.

~meow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. I would be hesitant to give the cat anything without the approval by the vet. I do have a moggie that has watery eyes. I give him Lysine (for cats) and they have improved. He still gets the crusty part in the corner, but it is dry and easily removed. Not actually knowing what is causing the issues for your cat, you cannot go self-diagnosing and self-treatment. Hold out until the vet appointment and make sure you will be giving her the proper treatment for the condition. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 am 
Bengal Cat

I think it's best if you ask your vet first before buying something without their consent.