It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 am 
Bengal Kitten

I was supposed to go to this party but now I’m stuck at home for the weekend, babysitting my cousin’s cat. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t anything I fed him because I strictly followed my cousin’s instructions and used the cat food from his cupboard. Now he’s vomited twice since he woke up this morning, seems really weak and has been taking a lot more naps than usual. My cousin’s away on one of those multiple city singles tours and idk what to do. Should I take Mr. Wiggles to the vet or wait for my cousin to come back? Help!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am 
Senior Bengal

If mr. Wiggles seems sick to you, take him to the vet, just to be sure. Don't wait if he seems poorly to you, you never know, he might have swallowed something he shouldn't have. Cats are really good at hiding pain and sickness, so it's best to take this serious.

Instagram: @snow_bengal_brothers #snow_bengal_brothers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww, poor kitty. Definitely take the cat to your cousin's regular vet and have the kitty checked out. It honestly could be something as simple as separation anxiety, which many cats experience. Kitties feel poorly sometimes. But, since you appear to be extremely worried, a visit to the vet would be in order. You want to make sure the kitty does eat. The vet will want to know what the vomit looked like: clear water, had some chunks of food in it, etc. Note, most vets are closed on Sunday, so if you have the chance to get the kitty look at today, it is better than having to find an emergency vet on Sunday and paying twice the money.

Hopefully, you have talked with your cousin and told them what is going on with their kitty.