It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Diarrhea
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello fellow Bengal lovers,
My male 1,5 years old bengal has been having Diarrhea for 2 months. We have taken him to the vet and medicated. His appetite is good, Physical activities normal, but still having Diarrhea.
Any suggestions that can help to stop his Diarrhea?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Diarrhea
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. Your vet should've given you something to give your kitty to stop the diarrhea. Although, first you have to know the cause. Since it seems to be chromic, I hope the vet ruled out any parasites. Usually vomiting accompanies having a parasite as well as loss of appetite. If that checked out, then there is something else going on in the digestive tract. You may be able to control this with diet. Your kitty may be allergic to something in the food. Many manufacturers are now putting in fruit and vegetables, which cats in the wild don't really eat. You may want to try food with "limited" ingredients or for "digestion." You can also add a probiotic to your cat's diet. FortiFlora is one. Adding a small amount of pumpkin to the food may also help.

If your vet did not give you any guidance, then it will be up you to try and figure this out. It may take awhile. I would probably change out the food and see if that helps any and add a probiotic if you are feeding wet food.

Good luck and keep us informed.