[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Penalty when showing?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Penalty when showing?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, I have entered my kitten in to a GCCF show, it will be her first show. She has 2 dry patches in her ear. She has had these since I picked her up from the breeder. The breeder said that the other kittens in the litter were suckling on her ear.
I have taken her to the vets, the vets said she was not concerned as it was not inflamed or infected. However, it is not going away! My kitten does not seem concerned by the dry patches (which is obviously my primary concern) but I wondered if she would get marked down at a show?

Any advice appreciated!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am no expert on cat shows, but I'm guessing there could be points deducted for anything that does not meet the standard. The standards are up on the internet, so read through them and see. Here's a guide from the perspective of a cat:

http://www.bengalcatworld.com/home/cat-shows/

Supposedly, all cats are checked by a vet prior to the show -- I don't know what a vet would say about those patches. Since this is your first show, you will learn A LOT!!! So don't be too concerned. Things should go better at the second, third, fourth, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 pm 
Senior Bengal

You would have to look up to see if it is safe for cats but when my dog had similar dry patches the vet recommended using Sudocrem it may be branded under a different name if your not from the UK but it is amazing stuff. Mainly used for nappy rash and eczema but alot people use it as skin moisturiser and to clear up spots.

It may be worth trying

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:50 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, the vet did give me some cream which mainly cleared up the dry skin. I am pleased to say that it was all gone by the time of the show and she won a number of 1st prizes including a Best of Breed!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, congratulations!!!!! First show, first win!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:46 pm 
Senior Bengal

congratulations on your win x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congratulations! I would love to see more photos of you kitty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So, did your baby earn a CH title?