It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am 
Bengal Kitten

from Andina Bengals in Dorset and I wondered if anyone (Sherry, since I browsed these forums?) had any advice/record of the breeder?

He will come 4-way vaxxed, neutered HCM tested and the rest and I will pick him up after 13 weeks.

Sadly I had gone down the BYB route (I will strongly proselytise against reckless to anyone who will listen) and one of my pair of kittens sadly died and I would like another as a playmate for my existing cat before I integrate with my 10 year old Singapore cat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Andina has been breeding for many years. Their charcoals are beautiful cats as are their rosetted babies. I haven't heard anything negative about them at all and have many of their cats in my database. They claim to test for everything. Note, they do not do HCM testing on kittens. If the parents are negative, then the kitten will be as well. They are letting your baby come home at the right time -- 13 weeks is optimal. I would make sure you get a copy of the vet records for your kitty. They should be happy to provide them. Since your baby will be neutered prior to your getting him (which is a great thing), you should be provided with registration papers to have him registered. Many breeders send along samples of food, litter, harness or walking jacket, toys the kitty has played with, blanket the kitty has slept on. This is in no way required. But a great breeder will do some of this. And your breeder should tell you they will be there for you for the life of your kitty if you have any questions or concerns.

Congratulations on your upcoming boy. Hope you will post some photos.

I am editing to say that going through their Facebook feed, their kittens, especially the charcoals are spectacular. I'm guessing you are getting a cat from their December 30 litter? They basically have all colors and types of bengals. According to their website, they give new owners a 4-week health insurance plan. Based on what I've seen on their website and Facebook page, I think you made a great choice with Andina.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:28 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you so much, having spoken to her and emailed back and forth I had a really good feeling about her and her cats are wonderfully glowing, if you see what I mean. They live in the house and get a lot of handling and obviously play with littermates and mother.

I will provide pics and let you know the name for your database.

I have a feeling I will be back for a pair next year!

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Instinct is a great thing and trusting your breeder is what you want. I did read they provide a "kitten package" as well. I'm sure you will be more than pleased with your new kitten. We hope you will post photos in the Gallery section.