It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New breeding
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 am 
Bengal Kitten

Helps I have two tcia registered bengals
Male & female

I just had a litter of 6 born 9 days ago, all were healthy good shape eh

Well two days ago a kitten was under Mom when I went to change the bedding and it was so cold to the touch, by time I arrived for vet services kitten was dead

Now today all remaining 5 seamed well but then I noticed one with a very weak meow
I pick up kitten and it felt a little cold and like a Grey purple gums so I heat up rice pad for the kitten and it’s really hard labored breathing struggeling very badly local vet would not answer the calls kitten in just a hour time passed

What am I doing wrong what’s happeneing this is moms second bunch first not by me but where I got my queen and king parents wormed properly vaccinated what am I missing please any help as our vets dontbcarebclosest one besides local is 4 hour away

Post subject: Re: New breeding
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are they feeding frequently? Is mamma being attentive and are they in a nesting box where her body heat should help them keep warm?

I know there is some type of incompatibility of blood type where the mothers antibodies can be fatal to kittens but not sure what to look for. I would assume since it destroys the kittens red blood cells, it would cause signs of anemia.

Breeding is a lot more than putting two cats together and hoping for the best.

I would provide more detailed info for the breeders with experience on this website. Did you not buy your cats from an experience breeder? They should be able to mentor you, assuming they have actual real experience themselves.

Post subject: Re: New breeding
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm nor sure how I missed this topic. I am so very sorry for the loss of two kittens. Breeding bengals takes more than just mating the two and watching the female give birth. And you need a vet on call who will be happy to take care of any kitten issues. What if your queen need a C-section to deliver? Preparation for all emergencies is a must and you need to have all types of supplies on hand: suction, syringes, newborn formula, etc. There is a lot of information on this forum and online in general on breeding bengals. It is not for the faint of heart. There is so much you need to know.