[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Registering a Bengal not from a breeder.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:18 pm 
Senior Bengal

If you buy a Bengal from just an owner, can you register the Bengal to TICA? Cat has no papers or anything. Has been to vet and is fixed. I am just wondering.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are a couple of replies in your other post. TICA will only register a cat if the parents are registered with them. What usually happens is when a queen delivers kittens, the breeder will register the litter with TICA. That way, each individual cat can be registered. TICA provides the blue registration forms to the breeder who will give one for each kitten that is adopted out. That allows the owners to register their kitten. The blue slip has the name of the breeder, cattery, birthdate of the cat, and the pedigreed names and registration numbers for the parents. You select a pedigreed name for your cat, pay the fee, and you finished.

You can register a household cat for $10. http://tica.org/en/faq/step-by-step/ite ... sehold-pet

However, if you want your cat to be registered as a bengal, you have to have the blue slip.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 am 
Senior Bengal

I don’t know if she got the cat from a breeder or not. I’d like to know more about this cat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If the previous owner has any information on the parents (pedigreed names), I may be able to help you out if they are in my database of 52,000 records of bengal cats.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:18 pm 
Senior Bengal

I just asked her today if she obtained the cat from a breeder. She said no, she got her from a friend.
I asked her if she would ask her friend where the breeder was and ask about her parents as well. Hopefully we can learn about her :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It may be difficult finding a path back to a breeder. With this particular cat, the breeder may not know who the parents are of this particular cat -- unless the breeder keeps excellent records and you find out the name of the person who bought this particular cat. You could easily reach a dead end. My Raiden was never registered by his previous owner. Months after he gave him to me, he finally found the blue registration paper and I emailed TICA to see if I could still register a 6-year old bengal. They said "of course." So I sent the papers in. If the breeder of this gorgeous kitty was a TICA registered breeder, then once she hands off the blue slip with the kitten, it's in the hands of the owner to register the cat. So there could be a blue slip out there somewhere for this kitty. If you want to turn private investigator ..... LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:10 am 
Senior Bengal

Hahaha I actually realized all you just said after I messaged her. Perhaps I could find out if the previous owner has the slip if not, then it’s not a big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

IF a breeder registered the litter, the litter will always be registered with TICA. The breeder could probably request another blue slip on the litter and you could register this kitty. Breeders registered with TICA have access to their information through TICA's website and could probably even print off the info for you. Don't give up if you are determined to find something .... :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:51 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks Sherry :) I’ll see if I can get any info from previous owner :)