[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Need Help Sexing Kittens --
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:51 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have a litter of 3 kittens -- 2 and a half weeks old. I've never had trouble determining the sex of my kittens before - but for some reason with this litter I'm having trouble deciding so I thought I would ask for assistance.

kitten 1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FyFK ... sp=sharing and another pic of the same kitten https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FyFK ... sp=sharing

kitten 2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FyFK ... sp=sharing

kitten 3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FyFK ... sp=sharing

thanks in advance for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There is no way I can tell from your pictures. No wonder you're having problems. If you really need to know, you can wait until they grow a bit, or take them to a vet and they can tell you. Heck, I thought mine was a female when he started coming around -- and the vet told me, "nope, it's a neutered male." It had been a long time between cats for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for your reply Sherry! Do you think the quality of my pictures is the problem? I'll try to get some better ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:25 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's just hard to tell with a photograph. And I certainly would not want to tell you the wrong thing. We did have someone recently post pictures asking the same thing and it was easy to tell from those pictures. Yours are extremely close-up and it just wasn't clear enough to me to make a call. It is supposed to be fairly easy. Males are a semicolon (:) and females are an upside down explanation point (!).