[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - does Breeder responsible for sold breeding cats with problem
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everybody,

We are Breeders-beginners from Switzerland and we realy need to ask your opinion as profetionals.

3 years ago we bought a couple of great Bengal cats in France, and since they are adults they never could make babies... All seems going well, it has been 8 times they did the job (every time lasting about one week) and without any result...

Several times we told Breader (where we got cats) that we have a problem, she says - just wait and see. Now our couple is 3 y.o and I asked her again what we suppose to do, I proposed several solutions 1) to change a male and check what will be 2) to sterilise both cats but she will give a difference on money we payed for real Breeding/Competition cats and finely they are not... 3) we sterelise a male and sell him but she will help to find a new male/s time to time for our female. Female is adorable, I never ever had a cat better then her, its just the Love.

And we've got total refuse from our Breeder on any help.

So now we have very expensive cats that Breeders/Competion value, that cant reproduse at all.

Its said to mention, that first cat we recived from her was a male f4 with chronical coryza, she changed him into our female, later we got a male and on the first competition he was dis disqualifide because of genetical problem at the end of his tale (this cat we sold sterilised) and she gave us our male - that obviously also has a problem... or maybe a female...

So our long way in Breeding Bengal started with lots of problem and till our days problems are not solved...

Our Breeder told me yeaterday - ah you were supposed to participate at Competitions...
And I answered - yes we did, while they were babies at category 6-9 months we've got several exelent prices, and since they are adults we were waighting few months to see if female got pregnant and weather we could go or not to Championship, but while waiting female was ready for reproduction again, and it lasts all the time... So i mentioned to our Breeder that we decided not to go also because of other Breeders that will surely ask us how its going on, and we will tell them - no result, then they will ask us why your Breeder doesnt help and what shell we say?

Just to protect the Breeder for her "quality job" (as she is famouse not only in France but she bying cats also in States and Canada, and her cats are realy great, our female for example is a daughter of a World Chempion and a male from Europe Champions) and protect ourselves as a breeders-beginners (but SIREOUSE ones) we didnt go lately to any Competition. As for me or you do your job well, or you dont do it, espetialy to avoid blah-blah-blah

Please tell us what you think about our story... and what kind of solutions we can find.
Thank you very much for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. Your breeder should be supportive and accommodating, especially as you are a novice breeder.

Are both of your cats female now? If after approx. 2 years a female doesn't fall pregnant, the breeder should at least refund you the difference in breeding/pet price or home you a different cat for a pet price. Ideally, you would be offered a full refund or replacement cat/s. Do you have any veterinary proof that your female/s is/are infertile? Who are the parents of your cats?

If your breeder is adamant that he/she won't either replace or partially refund you for entire cats that can't breed then I would contact TICA and/or TIBCS ethics committee, as you can't be expected to pay for breeding cats that are most likely infertile. I'm not sure that the showing aspect is relevant either, as your cats are more than old enough to be able to produce.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, thank you very much for the answer.

We have a female and a male age soon 3y.o.
For a moment we didnt make conclusions and test at veterinaire as we thought a miracle will happen and we could somehow fix a problem without any fight... But now we will do all test.

a Female parents are from Koppiekatz CH World WCF and Stonehenge (2nd generation is Koppiekatz, DGC Koppiekatz and Wildlove radar, Matahari Skiptome)

and a Male parents are from Saphirs de Lune and Kanpur (2nd generation is Koppiekatz, Moulin Rouge and Dazzledots, Sherekhancats)

they are realy Great cats... thats what makes me feel even worse... And I also dont understand why our Breeder doesnt want to help, as she can imagine it touches her profetionalism too... I apriciate the job she does and her trust in us to sell such wonderfull cats, as she is very choosy, but now I realy dont understand her reaction... I dont like the fact that I need to ask for advice and to show publicly the truth, but she didnt leave me other choise...

I felt not realy sure who is right and who is wrong in our situation... thats why I am here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Has the breeder offered you any recompense at all?

Did you sign a contract with a fertility clause?

Has the male been mated with any other females?

I would say that if the cats have been given ample time/chances to breed - which considering their ages they have - then it is certainly not your fault. I would wait for the fertility results and then approach your breeder with the veterinary proof. She should then offer you a partial refund or replacement cat/s. If you still can't come to an amicable conclusion then I would perhaps contact the relevant governing body/TIBCS and see if they can help you. I am surprised that the breeder isn't being supportive, as the main reason for the high difference in breed/pet price is because you own the right to breed from the cat/s, which in this case you can't, so at the very least the breeder should pay you the difference in price if the cats have to be neutered without having produced any kittens.

Do let us know how you get on, and good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everybody,

Here I am again with some news. Finely we sterelised both cats (female and a male) as there was no solution. I was pregnant, while was living this long and very unpleasant story... From our part we respected all points of the Contract - we didnt try to breed female and male separately with other lines. So that french Rocheblanche, Saphires de Lune can be quiet we never ever ment to do stupid things. Male strain goes from Koppiekatz, Sherekhancats, Gogees, Bridlewood. Female strain goes from World Chempion Koppiekatz Kougar (Koppiekatz, Stonehenge, Starbengal)

its a very sad story, we were realy serious in our tentations to breed the best Bengals, and very sad for the breeder that sold us cats and didnt help, she lost us, while we were ready to give our best to breed best Bengals, she could count on us!

I gave the name of cats, not for harm but just for information, I didnt contact any ofitial comunities , and I am pretty shure our breeder will never do the same she did to us with another respectfull breeder, its just us - we were nobody. And I have nothing to hide- the truth is the thruth.

time will pass, we will earn some more money and we will take bengals again, for breeding, but never again from this breeder.

and some great news - we have a baby-boy! a real one :smile1: he is 5 months old now and cats are doing well with that changement. Even sterelised, they are the best cats and very carefull with a baby! And our baby love them too! :dance2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 pm 
Bengal Kitten

pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful cats, VERY beautiful baby boy.
Perhaps Fate was good to you, although I am sure it didn't seem so at the time.
Looking after a baby and breeding Bengals would have been very hard work, as it is, you have the best of both worlds. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How beautiful :)

Very unfortunate about your breeder though - good luck for the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm 
Bengal Kitten

thank you for the compliments! )))

@junglerose well, it depends on mother's job, wheather its hard to have a baby and cats in the same time^^ due to my job (10h per week) I have plenty of time even for one more baby and more, more cats :laugh2: but thats the life... now need to put money beside, I still dream to breed Bengals hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your family is gorgeous, thanks for sharing the photos with us :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a lovely set of photos - beautiful cats and gorgeous baby - many congratulations & as already stated thank you for sharing with us :biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

stunning babies! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:28 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everybody! here I am... and again with BAD NEWS...

My beloved male Elios 4 years old just dyed today at the Ducats clinique in Orbe, Switzerland...(the clinique we used to bring our cats)
Diagnosed by blood, liquid from lungs and radiography - Canser of a Liver.
Vet from clinique says its a genetic cancer, as cats were never going out. Genetic Cancer of liver seams to me a very big word...
and through the tears the enger in me groing and groing, as it has been a VERY LONG way to try to breed bengals so unsuscessfuly, and now I lost a male from another desiase... Just rediculouse...

1st cat - chronical Coriza, 2nd - genetical deformed-tail problem, 3rd - couldnt make babyies and now is dead from liver cancer.
Elios couldn eat, couldnt drink, he became yellow, dry and all the litter was full of orange-lime color. Blood test showed he had hepatite, liquid from lungs - that he had cancer, radio - canser of liver. he didnt reagate on the treatment and his belly started to grow like a gaz baloon...

I dont know how often it happens for a Bengal to have a cancer, and as I have nothing to lose, someone should write about this...
If someone need to have a look into his Pedegree to watch out a blood line, I can post it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so very sorry for your loss................ he was a very beautiful cat!

Lori
xx