[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Best brand for Bengals??
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Best brand for Bengals??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have been using Instinct since I bought my Bengal. She is now 1 year old and showing allergic reaction signs to what seems to be her Instinct brand food?

What brand of food do you all food your Bengals???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You will find everyone here feeds a different type and brand of food. Basically, you feed your kitty food that he/she will eat. Allergies are really hard to diagnose. If you are feeding chicken, try turkey, or try a fish product. Check the ingredients carefully as some like to add fruits and vegetables and that may be the trigger. There are brands with "limited ingredients".

My bengal is now on a prescription diet for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, so I'm not much help. Mine never liked Instinct and I had switched him to Weruva before the vet switched him off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:38 am 
Bengal Cat

You ask a vet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are many different brands with 'limited ingredient' versions. I would try one of those to start. Mine has allergies and I feed Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey wet and for dry Natural Balance limited ingredient chicken. If you compare the normal instinct to the limited ingredient, you will find there is a ton of extra stuff in it. So start flipping cans to check labels.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

And because you can't read the ingredients on most cans of cat food, go online and check the ingredients. Chewy.com (if they sell the product) will have the ingredients listed with the item. The food should have no "meat by-products," as that means they throw everything else in there along with the other stuff. It could be chicken feathers, chicken feet, dead zoo animals, euthanized pets, etc. That is not good for any pet.