It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi guys! I want to change my Tia's wet food from Royal Canin to something grain free and low level allergen. From what I've read so far, Canagan is one of the best? Is anyone using it? Is it as good as they say? Tia is having some issues with blood in her stool (posted about that in another thread) and I'm thinking it's food related so I want to feed her something better than Royal Canin. She only eats wet (she won't say no to dry but I rather she ate wet) so I would have to be a complete food. I'm open to advice and suggestions, I don't care if it's expensive, I want the best for her! Thank you and looking forward to your replies!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi there. My boy Oscar 9, was on Canagan for a couple of years. The best food by far. He had to change due to onset of mild kidney disease as the Canagan had far too high protein levels. The difference is incredible. He ate 2 tins of canagan a day and biscuits. With his renal diet he eats 4-5 sachets a day and it does not fill him up as it's so low protein. I could honestly feed him 5-6 sachets and he would eat it all. I think the only way to describe it is that Canagan is fillet steak and the food he's on now are low grade chicken nuggets!!!!! :rolleyes: If you can afford it, Canagan is the best

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tried my bengal on it years ago and he turned his nose up at it. I may have to give it another try since he has accepted higher quality food these days. I'm always looking for something new for him as he gets tired of the same ole same ole food.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 pm 
Bengal Kitten

It is quite expensive but as long as it's as good as I've read and you guys say... that's fine with me!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:35 am 
Bengal Cat

Same here! I'm feeding mine too a Canagan and so far, she has no health issues.