[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Weekend feeding schedules??? Do you do it?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:12 am 
Bengal Kitten

So my little guy is almost 13 months old. He eats wet food at 5:30a and 18:30p almost everyday and dry food at Noontime. I would like to be able to go away for a couple of days during the weekend and I don't want to malnourish him or piss him off too much. I bought the Petfeeder C30 for the wetfood, but hes too smart and strong and rips the top off within the first 12 hours. So can I safely break his eating schedule with more dry food, or is there a better feeder? Other suggestions also??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We use this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GEWHNS?psc=1 ( PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder )
and this:
http://www.feedandgo.com/ (bought a while ago when there was an offer... ouch on the price)
They haven't been able tho highjack any of these yet.
Only downside is that they have to eat dry food (sorry kitties)but they haven't complained about that yet (food is food)
but if we go out two days, our best option at the time is to call the cat sitter for one or two short visits so that they are not alone anyway, then they can also eat nice food and not hate us too much on our return.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. One should not leave their cat home alone for a couple of days. Should something happen to the cat -- it will likely turn deadly. If you could have a friend check on the cat at least once a day to make sure your baby is doing fine. Cats love routine and schedule. Changing the feeding schedule could become an issue when you attempt to get him back on schedule. It would truly be easier to have someone come in and continue the feeding schedule morning and evening. If that isn't a possibility, board the kitty and have them adhere to your feeding schedule. Boarding can stress out a cat. However .... I think you would enjoy your weekend outing a lot more if you were not worrying about your kitty.

Many owners do leave their kitties alone for a couple of days and dry food is the only way to feed the kitty. That doesn't mean the feeder won't get destroyed and your kitty binge and end up getting sick.

I don't mean to worry you, but ... you are obviously already concerned about leaving your cat for a weekend, so make sure he is taken care of during the time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I am afraid that no robot will provide safety in case of something bad happening... :(

Automatic feeders can help but they are not meant to leave cat alone for a few days

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Automatic feeders aren't great for a cat being left alone. If it malfunctions, the cat will either destroy it or go hungry! It is NEVER a good idea to leave a cat alone for more than a day.