It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi

So Aurora was eating Felix wet and Royal Canin dry which we plan to change.

We've looked at the brands and their meat content and have tried Thrive wet and James Wellbeloved dry.. which I hope is okay, she seems to like it anyway.

Question is - is it okay to change brands constantly. I.e. give her Thrive in the morning and Bozita at night etc etc ?
Hoping this keeps her interested and happy, as I imagine eating the same food all day every day can get dull.

Also, how much should she be fed? She was only on 100g of wet over two meals, and a constant bowl of dry laid out. Although, we've been giving her a little more wet food as she's always wolfing it down, but we don't want to overfeed!

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Kitties need to eat and eat a lot! They are growing. They should have multiple meals a day. Any change in diet should be gradual to avoid vomiting and other issues with constipation or diarrhea. As for the amount of food -- there should be general guidelines on the package. As for using different brands of food, that's fine as long as your kitty enjoys both brands. You always want to find food your kitty will eat rather than sniff and walk away from. It may seem that your baby has a ravenous appetite, but unless she is throwing up after eating, she's doing fine.

Oh -- and I could survive on chocolate and Cheetos -- every meal, every day! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: