It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So far my 9 weeks old Snickers is on raw food diet that's mainly raw chicken with bones, hearts and liver. At times she eats raw lamb or beef too.

She doesn't care what I eat unless I'm having Weetabix with honey and milk or seafood like fish, crabs, shrimps, mussels... etc. if I'm having any of the listed, she leaves her food and goes CRAZY. Unstoppable crazy as if she's a drug addict perusing a dosage. If I lock myself away (yes myself, not her) to finish my highlighted meals, she'd meow and scratch the door trying to get in.

I searched the net, but it seems nobody agrees on anything. While I found sources that says seafood is ok, others said it's a big no. Some said seafood is ok only if cooked, others said it's ok only if raw. Same with honey, milk... I saw many warn from lemon for it hurts cats digestive system, while some wrote its good for digestion!!!! Obviously everybody is talking from experience, which doesn't translate to a professional level IMHO.

I'm not seeking anybody's advice on diet here. And I don't seek references to online amateurs. I'm seeking a reliable accountable expert source, something like Myoclinic for humans but for cats.

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You can go absolutely crazy reading information on the internet! You do know that your little Snickers needs to eat multiple times a day -- and usually you give kittens as much as they want. Their tummies are tiny and don't hold a lot. Raw food is available everywhere in the States. Not sure where you are.