[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4409: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Feeding my kitten
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeding my kitten
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have a 20 week old Bengal kitten and I am concerned I am not feeding her enough. I plan to not always have food down for her when she is an adult because I do not want an overweight cat. Right now I feed her dry food 1/4cup 3x a day and 1.5oz of wet food a day (divided into two meals). When we feed her she cries/meows and then eats pretty rapidly (I now feed her dry in a puzzle ball). I have been reading the forum and noticing that everyone recommends keeping dry food down at all times. I just want to see what people think and ask what is the best way to then get her back to two meals a day if I switch her to dry food down at all times.

Thanks Ashley

Post subject: Re: Feeding my kitten
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:08 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Ashley, sorry for the late reply. You can't really "overfeed" a kitten and they should be allowed to eat as much as they want as they are growing and developing at breakneck speed.

Yes, if you are feeding dry it is a good idea to leave it down at all times at least until they are 1 year of age. 1.5 oz of wet food a day is really nothing for a 20 week old kitten, she should be getting a 3 oz. can per day and you could split that into 2 meals along with the dry food. Hope this helps!