[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Who bred your bengal
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:40 am 
The Boss

What breeders did you all go to for your kittens.....and how did you set them apart from all the other breeders?

Or did you just see fur and spots and fall head over heels.....then hand over silly amounts of money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:41 am 
We bought Zeus and Hestia from a breeder in the West Midlands called ChrisJay bengals. We was originally going to have 2 boys, but had a girl and boy in the end, due to one of the boys not gaining weight or growing much. Was a hard decision to make not to have him, but we didn;t want something to happen while in our care, it would of been heartbreaking for us.

We looked around loads of breeders and made enquiries, then found Chris jay went and visited and that was that. We became bankrupt. LOL

Our bengals come from the Millwood line.

We reckon Zeus is going to be a biggie, as he is growing fast. Already 6 pounds at 19 weeks old. He is also very muscular. Hestia is a pound behind him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:23 pm 
The Real Boss

Well meemonkey,

As I'm sure you know (since we do both live together :rolleyes: ) We did 2/3 months of extensive research for our cats and eventually we got Evvie (llandar Santarini) from Llandar in Reading and our new little bundle who I'VE decided we are calling Tally (since you named Evvie!) came from Brambewood in Wolverhampton (Bramblewood Orthia).

Both girls are on the active register as we intend to breed from them. Evvie (and possibly Tally) will be attending their first show in a couple of months, can't name the show since it's against GCCF rules to advertise what shows you will be attending (in case it influences a judges decision)....v.excited :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:05 pm 
You're going to breed from them? Cool B) Only one problem, how are you going to let the little bundles of fur go? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:58 pm 
The Real Boss

Mmmm, this is a 'serious' issue... not sure how we're gonna cope :unsure: .We have decided to give it a go and if it's not for us then we'll get the girls altered and keep them as expensive pets :)

We will have an 'indoor' placement contract and a v.strict vetting process of potential kitty slaves. We will also encourage our kitty slaves to send us pics etc when ever possible so we can keep an eye on them. I know we can't enforce this but will do our best. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:38 am 
Bengal Kitten

Well Our First breeder responded to my email with the right answers I was looking for. We talked for a few months before the babies were born and she told me she had one marble girl that was born and I picked out Tigger when she was 2 days old. Second Bengal girl came from the same breeder. Third Bengal came from another breeder I knew from my Bengal group I own. One of her other clients is a member and I had seen 3 cats that the breeder had produced. Got Tsunami from her. Fourth Bengal we got from the same breeder as Tsunami. Got her 2 months after Tsunami arrived. This breeder helped us through a very rough time when we lost our second bengal girl Belle. She died of pyrothorax (fluid in the secondary lung cavitiy). My next Bengal girl will also come from this same breeder.

Chet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:48 am 
The Real Boss

Hi Chet

So let me get this right you have 4 Bengals ATM? Wow...and here's me worrying about getting a second :rolleyes: . Do they all get on?

We lost our first Bengal in January this year, it was an unexpected shock so I can fully sympathise with what you went through when you lost your girl, it really is devastating :(

Anyway, what?s this group that you own...tell me more :D

Regards
Heidi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:27 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Heidi,
I have 3 bengals at the moment would have had 4 if Belle hadnt passed. Well Tigger and Tsunami dont get along very well then again Tsunami was a breeding cat and I think she just doesnt want to play because she had enough of that with her kittens and Tigger doesnt understand that, plus Tigger is the queen of the house so she trys to tell Tsunami who is in charge. Belle and Tigger we the best of buds when we lost Belle, Tigger just about went nuts and so we got Tsunami hoping that Tigger would have another buddy to easy the pain but that didnt work out to well. So we got Beepers in May of 2003 when she was 5 months old and her and Tigger have become the best of friends and romp and tear up the house every chance they get.

The group I own along with my wife is <a href='http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bengalcatlovers' target='_blank'>Bengal Cat Lovers</a> We started back in Jan of 2000 after we got Tigger I just wanted to create a place where owners and breeders could go and chat about the breed without the fighting like in some groups that are out there we also have a monthly contest for Bengal of the month.

Chet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:19 pm 
The Real Boss

Hi Chet

Cheers for the link, I've joined the group and the contest group, just need to get some good pics now!

Heidi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We looked all over the web for local breeders. We also went to cats shows to meet the breeders in person and see their cats up close and personal. We settled on Pat Killmaier at <a href='http://www.aluren.com/' target='_blank'>Aluren</a>. Not only is she fairly local but she has beautiful cats.

Milo's parents:
Sire: CH Mauasian Noel Chocolat of Metastar
Dam: CH Millwood Catarina of Metastar

I think Pat wanted to keep him as a show/breeder but had too many cats at the time. She didn't really want to let him go, but let us take him anyway because she knew we'd give him a loving home.

She's got a leopard boy that I've got my eye on, but hubby says no more cats. <_<

Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:59 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I, ALSO, have 4 bengals. (5 DSH Rescues, and my son, who just returned home from a stint in the US Air Force, also has one DSH rescue)
YES -- 10 cats total -- 9 totally INDOORS, and 1 who lives on my screened in porch!
The Bengals are 2 separate sets of "siblings"

The "girls" as I often refer to them, are Victoria and Lightnin. I got them from Carol Effinger, who has "SuteraBengals" -- She's doing some wonderful things with her foundations and early SBT's, and I'm sure those of you on "Bengals-L" group have probably seen photos of her new and upcoming "stud -- Heart Breaker aka Eddie" -- There has been a LOT of talk about him, lately.

I actually purchased the girls as PETS at the age of 7 months - when she had "Heartbreaker" still TINY "in the nest" so to speak. I think Carol is WONDERFUL!!! And, doing great things with her line. She is very wise, and very helpful... and most importantly will NOT place a cat in a home where she does not feel the cat will adapt well. She screens her "customers" carefully, talks at length regarding the "home environment" the cat will go to, and tries to place the kittens in homes she believes WILL be forever homes.

Dagger and Emma came from Sandra Keever who has "Unique Prints" in Texas. She is actually the FIRST Bengal breeder I ever talked to - and we became friends BEFORE I ever went to look at Carol's cats. Initially I had wanted to buy a breeder -- but she advised me to go to some LOCAL breeders, to see them "in action" and make sure I was POSITIVE I would be happy with cats who tend to exemplify the "active, intelligent creatures they are" -- which is when I met Carol, and ended up buying "the girls" from her.

I kept watching Sandra's site - and talking with her. When Dagger was born, I simply fell in LOVE with his little face - and just HAD to have him. I put a "show" deposit on him, when he was 4 days old - even though I was concerned that I already had 7 cats (2 bengals, 5 DSH rescues) -- but said what is one more???

This does NOT count my son's cat... LOL (Who is staying with me temporarily)

We talked every few days, and she sent me photos through e-mails often. I watched the whole litter "grow up" in photos... and noticed that one of the little girls in the litter was always "with" Dagger, in the photos. (I even discovered that there was one breeder VERY interested in Dagger, and was willing to pay a MUCH higher price for him, as a breeder) I offered to let her sell him to that person, and wait for another "pick" - but she insisted that I had picked him, and paid my deposit before anyone else even NOTICED him... and she wouldn't do that, to me.

When I drove to Texas to pick Dagger up, Sandra explained to me that Dagger's sibling who is VERY attached to Dagger was not "as pretty" as Dagger, but thought she would mature nicely. As a wonderful SURPRIZE... she GAVE his little sister *Emma* to me, because she could not bear to separate them. Again -- the breeder making sure the cat would be LOVED forever, over her own monetary gain...

I'm sure not ALL breeders would make that kind of choice... but needless to say -- I have been SO impressed with both Carol and Sandra -- I would recommend them, to anyone who I thought would love their cats, as much as I love mine!

Sorry this was so long -- on a rant, again (blush) :rolleyes:
LaVon
"fancidots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got Yuki from Calcatta Bengals. (http://www.calcatta.com/)

I had wanted a bengal for YEARS... my boyfriend and I almost gone one a few times. There was a breeder in Greenville, SC that we had visited that had some absolutely gorgeous cats, but to be honest we couldn't really afford one. We had enough money at one point to buy one we liked, but decided to be responsible and wait. My boyfriend was still in college at this point anyway.

A little later down the road, we almost got another bengal... someone only wanted the cost of what it would take to have the kitty shipped to us. He was a pretty lil' guy - but he had a problem with one of his eyes (it was squinty and mucky) that we were told they were treating him for, and that he'd be sent when he had a clean bill of health.

A few weeks passed, and his eye was still like that. I had a cat with some eye problems that had recently passed on a few months before, so I really didn't want to deal with another cat having the same type of problem... plus who knows, it could have been something worse, so we decided to pass. I still feel bad about that, and got a rather scathing reply about it (even bashed on a forum over it, if I remember correctly!) - but we did what we thought was best, especially since we still had another cat we didn't want to get sick. I ended up rescuing two shelter kitties instead of getting the sick bengal kitty.

More time passed... my boyfriend and I had moved from South Carolina to Los Angeles since he got a great job offer at a film studio, and I got an equally nice job there shortly thereafter. We finally had a decent income, and only two other cats - so we decided to FINALLY get a bengal!

I like the brown spotted bengals myself, but my boyfriend likes the silver spotted ones. I decided that I'd see if any silver ones were available, and sure enough, I found out that Calcatta had two lovely little boys available as pets. I didn't care that they were only pet quality... I noticed that the one I liked the most had a little tarnish on his coat, but I thought "hey, kind of a mix of a silver and a brown, haha!", lol... so we chose him.

I couldn't be happier! He is my naughty little man, and I absolutely adore him. He drives my two girls crazy, but they seem to get along pretty well for the most part. I can't believe he'll be two years old in February!!! :)

http://www.nutkitty.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:25 pm 
Bengal Cat

"Or did you just see fur and spots and fall head over heels.....then hand over silly amounts of money"

All four of my Bengals I found on 'PETFINDER'. They were all Bengal rescues.
I wish I knew who breed them but..... :?:

Steve

Post subject: chhosing a breeder
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat