[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Looking to purchase my first Bengal...
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 am 
Bengal Kitten

After a lifetime of having cats... I have more recently become interested in possibly purchasing a Bengal.

I have been doing a bit research into the breed and everything I have learned, I love!

I found a breeder that I connected with and really like, however, they live a considerable distance from me. I think I would prefer a breeder closer to me for support if necessary.

I am not interested in a byb, but a breeder with experience. One that is likely to be there in the future for advice if required. I would also prefer a kitten raised in a family home used to other cats, kids and dogs. I would also like to be close enough to the breeder to visit them on a number of occasions prior to choosing a potential kitten. I prefer the idea of an occasional breeder.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a breeder in Scotland or Northern England or even Northern Ireland? I found one in Scotland that seemed to fit but they are retiring this year so the ongoing support may not be available...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:12 am 
Bengal Kitten

Any suggestions?

Even a reply saying, no, but I can recommend a breeder at 'x' in the uk would be good....

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This gentleman has two Bengals for breeding... still didn't start. But he lives in Scotland and I enjoyed chatting with him on different occasions and I enjoy his posts too on IG.
http://instagram.com/titan_thebengal

Get in touch with him, he maybe able to help recommend a breeder or more.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but I found it now.

There are MANY UK bengal breeders -- some have been breeding for many years.

Purebliss
Glitterglam
Starwinds
JungleFire
Jayuzuri
GoldNGlitz

A google search of UK bengal breeders will give you lots of results. Note many breeders keep their websites up and running long after they have stopped breeding, so you have to read carefully.

It is extremely important that you find a breeder your have confidence and trust in and a breeder you feel is responsive to your questions and concerns.