[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Help finding Breeder
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help finding Breeder
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:06 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello all! My husband and I have wanted a bengal for years and are finally in a permanent home and looking to add a new member to the family! I am having trouble finding a legit breeder new me. We are located in Derby Kansas. If anyone knows beeeders near us or legit breeders anywhere in the US that transport. I would love suggestions. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Help finding Breeder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Our two girls (now 5 years old) came from Amantra Bengals in Southern California. They have been wonderful cats from day 1. Very well socialized and sweet as can be. Janice is also very in tune with her kittens. She told us the first one was “gentle and kind” and our second was “goofy and busy” - both spot on descriptions of their personalities that still hold true today!

Post subject: Re: Help finding Breeder
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Go to this link and choose a state: https://bengalcatclub.com/bengal-cat-breeders/

There are two listed for Kansas. Leopard Magic has a website and I have a few of their cats in my database. I also have cats from BengalWylde. I recommend you look through their websites and contact them with any questions. Look at the kittens they have posted (BengalWylde's are in the fuzzy stage). Note that most "hobby" breeders may only have a litter or two a year.Thus, you may have to wait.

Also in Kansas http://adorabengals.com/bengal-kittens-kansas/

https://bengalbeauty.com

https://midwestbengals.com/

Naturally, the best option is to always visit the cattery and see the parents and kittens and make a selection. You may find a breeder in a surrounding state that you can travel to. Although many people select a kitten from photos and never physically see the cat until it arrives at the airport, I'm not a fan of bengal kittens flying to their destination. So many things can go wrong. Recently a dog traveling on the same flight, bit through its carrier and through the bengal cat's carrier and killed the cat in Amsterdam.

There are breeders who will accompany your cat to its destination (you pay for the airfare), or you can fly and pick up your cat. I feel the best solution is to drive your kitty home.

The key is to do your research and deal with a breeder you are comfortable with. It costs nothing but time to contact several breeders. Note that prices will vary drastically between breeders and the quality of the kitten.