[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Nevada, my snow boy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nevada, my snow boy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

So, I figured I should make a post that is easier to update with new pictures and information about my baby boy: Nevada (Nickname is Oliver or Jamie, haven't decided yet since it'll be easier when I meet him :) )
Nevada is currently 8 weeks and 5 days old.
He's the biggest of the bunch, weighing 200gram more than his brothers and sisters (of which he has 5)
He's a Seal Lynx Point, with his mother being very dark - Breeder thinks he will be very dark too, as he is already getting pretty dark, haha.
His mom carries for non-agouti so she thinks he might carry it too.
I get videos of him maybe once a week and sometimes the odd picture - mostly together with his litter. He loves to play and follow her around, but isn't as rough with her as his litter mates. My mom calls him an "aristocrat" and we both think he will look stunning with those BIG rosettes of his!
Anyhow, here he is:

Post subject: Re: Nevada, my snow boy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

His markings are gorgeous! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

He is gunna make one very attractive cat!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The rosettes are stunning!!! Your baby is going to be a beautiful adult! He's already a super adorable baby.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Very distinct markings for such a young snow. They get significantly darker as they age. Keep taking photos during his first two years. You will see changes every week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How exciting! I will definitely do that :3 Can't wait to do it hehe, I will document it for sure!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

How much longer are you going to have to wait? End of July? August? He will have grown so much by then.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My dad flies to Frankfurt to pick him up on the 13th of August :) that makes it 47 days!
I'll be very busy securing my apartment, since it has a French balcony with double doors we need to figure out how to make it safe :) the windows are also pretty weird - they can flip around so they can be cleaned o.o but we're going to put children safety things on them.
The balcony doors are tough though, I hope my dad's friend will have an idea about it since he's good at building things :)
Once he arrives I will be making a post in the introduction forum. That seems to be the most correct place for a post like this, hehe ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's wonderful that your dad is going to pick Nevada up! Absolutely spend time child proofing your apartment. I'm guessing you're hoping to keep the balcony doors open to allow some fresh air in. Since Europeans don't seem to have screens, it can be dangerous for a kitty. Hope you come up with something creative. Know that Nevada will be into everything and testing his boundaries at every turn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Indeed, the doors require extra attention if I want to be able to open them.
It might be possible to make some kind of frame with bite secure netting - but we'll have to look into the rules of setting it up.
I am very happy that he wants to get the kitten - I am going to order the tickets today or tomorrow. And a SturdiBag for him to be in on the flight, though the restrictions only allow me to pick a small size :/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Back when I was living in a 2nd floor apartment, my two cats were middle-aged moggies (~age 7-10 or so), and they *loved* to go out on the balcony. That became their favorite thing about the apartment. One of the two was really timid, and initially ran and hid when I opened the sliding-glass door to the balcony. It took her a week or two before she would even be in the same room when the balcony was opened (the other one took to it immediately), but gradually, over time, she became obsessed with it. She wanted to be out there all the time. As soon as I got home from work, it was *meow meow meow* at the balcony door. I bought some small plants, and had a grill out there... cat paradise. One day I was out there with both cats, and another cat jumped from the roof, down to my porch, and from there jumped to the ground! *bam, bam, bam*. My two cats were really freaked by that, watching with BIG eyes! But I was thinking "oh crap, I wonder if now they are going to want to attempt that"... fortunately they never did. With the bengals though, lol, my guess is that they would have made that leap the first day they were out there, lol. They'd be showing all the other cats how to do that!

Anyway, just a long-winded story to illustrate that balconies can be REALLY wonderful places for cats if it is safe. Since then I've learned about "cateos" and such, which in a perfect world would probably be the way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

A French balcony is a little different, as it's not actually a balcony - more like a railing in front of doors XD
But this one is a bit tricky since the doors open inward and there isn't much left between the doorframe and the facade of the building - will be a bit hard to make a frame thin enough. But it all depends on whether or not I'm actually allowed to put anything outside the doors :3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I might be able to attach a screen on the outside :) I hope or handyman friend will have some ideas.
I ordered the first ticket for Frankfurt today - a little too late to speak with Lufthansa but I will call and book the flight home tomorrow :)
Also I am really excited about my new place - If you guys can point me in the direction of places to secure around the home I would be grateful. (Or link me to a good site)
Also here is a new picture of him, he is very photogenic. Also the only one with a black-ish nose / I'm wondering if he might have that nose-leather problem some other bengals have?

I will be buying a small SturdiBag from the flight and the breeder will provide a harness for him, in case they want to take him out of the box (my logic is he will be easier to grab and hold in a harness).

Today I also got the wheel figured out, so my original transporter will take it along when she's going to DK. It'll be in September I think. I bought a yellow one, hehe
Enjoy the picture :) 9 weeks and 3 days old

And here he is with her youngest litter of brownies and two of his brothers.
He is indeed much darker if you look at the nose bridges (SLP to the right)