[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Nevada, my snow boy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nevada, my snow boy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He really is :redface:
I have taken tons of pictures but this is my favorite so far.

Anyhow, he's a very brave and curious kitten! But also rather loud, he talks about everything when he's awake - and also calls for his family (but that can't be helped)

My mom helped out for the first 3 nights.
I'm a bit embarrassed to say that all the expectations, waiting and excitement really got to me and I have been feeling a bit down, especially when he was meowing every 5 seconds for the first two nights (I don't do well with disturbed sleep).
Last night was better, I played with him a lot before bed, fed him(though it appears to me he doesn't actually eat much?) and tried my best to ignore his calling. It helped a lot, he was only up 4 times last night. We listening to some music in bed which seemed to help me a lot more than him :lol:

I'm very afraid of screwing up though - I don't want to turn myself into "a bad guy" because I forget not to pull him close sometimes. He doesn't seem to mind bring picked up at all though, I do it with one hand and the arm. He kneads the air and looks around curiously (meowing all the while)
Sometimes he even meows while eating, he sounds like he's underwater.

I actually decided on a second cat - But I wasn't really sure of myself before. And who can blame me, I have to hide it from part of my closest family because they'd ruin it for me. So I've been feeling very fragile, which is why I didn't write here yet.
I think I'm going to call my snow boy Mickey. He likes the i sound. Or possibly Jamie, haha - I am trying very much to decide. (Good thing I have till Tuesday for registration)
The second little guy will arrive at 16 weeks of age on the 4th of September.
He's a silver Bengal and I hope you guys will greet him as warmly as you've done Nevada :)

Nevada weight is 2,25 kg (Sunday) so I'll be weighing him again today (I expect lots of meowing protest) to be sure he is okay. He has peed and pooped. But only pooped once, so I hope nothing is wrong.
He's going to the vet on Friday and I got him a few new toys, mostly some mice. He did not like the ones I have, haha XD
He is full of glitter, which is hard to capture, and he is super soft! Lots of people have asked me if he is Charcoal but that is impossible :) he is either A/A or A/a. His mom is even darker so I look forward to how his coat will change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's a real beauty and very sparkly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:32 pm 
Bengal Cat

Wow, beautiful glitter, and well photographed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a handsome boy! Been waiting for an update. His world has been turned upside down and it will just take him some time to settle in with you. Don't take it personally! That's just the way it goes. Newborns don't sleep through the night either! Be patient and calm -- and he will settle in and sleep through the night eventually.

So you have decided to jump in the bengal pool again! I'm sure Nevada will appreciate the company and it will give you double the kitties to snuggle with! Your life has taken a huge turn -- a new home, a new kitty! Just sit back and enjoy it!

As for the peeing and pooping -- it's an adjustment to the digestive system. How many of us go on vacation and our systems get a little confused as well? His appetite should grow and his bathroom schedule will become routine.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you Sherry :biggrin:

And so true! I got very concerned when I wiped his ass the other day and there was a bit of blood on the paper - he seems to be constipated, but the flight/airport was also hot as h*ck so no wonder.
He's now 2,4 kg and seems to eat okay - though I have no clue how much he needs.

I try to get more water in him by heating his food then cooling it with a bit of fresh water then mash it together. He seems to love licking the "broth" up. Though I was also worried, since I don't think he eats much of the actual wet food, so I asked the breeder and I think she forgot to mention that 2/3 meals are raw! Haha, she did say he loved chicken necks.
I got him some frozen chicken and will be ordering a trial pack from our local BARF supplier :) they seem nice and though I can't help but worry that he gets the right nutrients.
He'll continue on the dry food (horrible RC Sensible) until I have both of them eating the same, then it's onto a better product. The silver guy (whom I've named Loki) eats only dry food, so I hope to get him onto half raw too.
Here's a picture of him :) He's from the UK (low quality sorry) and will arrive by car with the same transporter who is getting my wheel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww, Loki is just adorable! Bless you for taking on two babies!!! We all know that relocating (and Nevada has a nice long flight) can cause digestive upset. Sometimes, it's constipation and some times it is diarrhea. Changing the diet slightly can have this affect as well. You are learning! It will take time for you both to settle in. And now this new baby will arrive soon. Try to keep your sanity! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bad news :eek:
Idiot vet (not her usual) thought it a splendid idea to give both rabies and his 2nd shot (3-way) at the same time. He's been under the weather, with a snotty nose and mucous dropping from it, but this Tuesday got very ill, vomiting diarrhea, running a temperate :cry:

She's decided to keep him and has offered me his brother, which I will then take. It's been some horrendous days having to call insurance, look over my options and telling her Ididnt want to risk him traveling later.
So now I will pay for a new passport, I've also offered to pay for the rabies since I know it's not the cheapest of vaccines. I've already given her money to castrate him. Though it is a shame!
His brother, Silver Machine(Mash) is incredibly beautiful and was supposed to be sold as a stud - he has huge paws and an incredible type (in my eyes).
See for yourselves :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elgTAhpjQRE

My transporter leaves again last week of October or first of November. That would make him 6 months old. I seriously hope they can still be best friends in time and that the process of putting them together won't be sure hard :sad: I know it's harder after they reach sexual maturity.
They'll both be castrated by then (fertile male? No thanks!)

Here are some pictures I've grabbed from the video:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh WOW! Loki is stunning (if you are still naming him that). You are certainly going through lots of hoops to get this boy! And now you aren't getting him until October? I'm hoping you won't get too anxious over the weight now that you have your other baby! Know that kitties can suffer complications from shots, but I'm betting the cat developed an upper respiratory infection that is not fun to treat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not Loki :wink: that's what I called the other one so it feels wrong to call him this as he's very different.
And yeah :sad: once I've transferred the money she needs for another passport(and I offered rabies too) then she'll call her vet and get him neutered straight away. Or vaccinated, whichever the vet think is best to do first. This being her usual vet since summer vacation is over.

I feel - a bit disappointed yeah, I fell in love with him and everything. But now I just need to watch videos of the other guy, give him a name and then I think I will like him just as much :smile: no use regretting things I have no control over

He'll arrive on the last Sunday in October or first Sunday in November.
The wheel will get here beforehand so that's at least something.

I will be sure to make a thread asking for transitioning advice - their ages will be
Akio - 6 months and 2 weeks
Silver - 6 months

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So this one will be named Silver (for the time being! LOL). I don't know how you can't fall in love with him. He just a cutie pie. It's probably good that both will be about the same age when you bring them together. Not sure you will have a "safe room" for the new one, but be prepared to have patience as they sort things out with each other.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow he is one handsome animal. I hope everything works out and these two beautiful creatures become good friends. If they argue, certainly it will be over who is the most beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So, it didn't work out at all :( I'll let you guys know once I find another one and is more sure of the outcome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think for now you need to be happy with your current little boy. You've had too much heartache over losing these two other kitties. Enjoy Akio.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is Argentea :) and she is arriving on the 25th.

Her breeder is really awesome and in control, she has helped me with the flight plans and everything :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Boy oh boy! You certainly did not give up! I really hope all works out for you this time around. If she is arriving on the 25th of September, you only have a couple of weeks to wait. Maybe not a whole lot can go wrong! Good luck! Argentea is gorgeous! Are you going to have to take care of getting your boy neutered and this one spayed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next