[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Stonehenge Wurththawate (a.k.a. "Wurthy")
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all,

My partner and I are planning to get a Bengal roommate soon, and currently have a reservation for a kitten sired by OS RW SGC Stonehenge Wurththawate (a.k.a. "Wurthy"). Looking him up, he seems to be rather famous, but we've only been able to find a single photo of him, which is rather dated.

We were wondering -- does anyone have any pictures of him, or insight into what he's like? What makes him so famous? And what kind of cats become SGCs?

Thanks for reading this!

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival. Usually, there are only a handful of pictures posted online of any one bengal. What makes Wurthy unique is the OS which stands for "outstanding sire". He gets that title by fathering at least 15 champions. A true show cat. The title RW means "regional winner" and the SGC means he is a Supreme Grand Champion. A SGC has to accrue 6,000 (I believe) points in the cat shows and has to have reached Champion, Grand Champion, Double Grand Champion, Triple Grand Champion, Quadruple Grand Champion and finally Supreme Grand Champion status. My bengal's grandfather is RW SGC Gogees Warpaint who achieved SGC status in his first year! Bengal pedigrees are incredibly interesting to me, especially taking your cat all the way back through the thousands of cats to the Asian Leopard Cat.

http://www.bengalpedigrees.com/showone. ... 9&jid=3722

http://www.bengalpedigrees.com/print5.p ... T070302009

Just in the three-generation pedigree, there is OS Millwood Italian Filigree, who is also in my Raiden's pedigree and another RW SGC. You didn't say who the mother is for your upcoming arrival. The bengal pedigree website doesn't always have ALL the cats in there, but when you register your little one, if the mom and dad are in there, you an add your baby and his entire pedigree will be there. You can get a 15-generation pedigree on your baby by changing the /print5 to /print15. It will be about 400 pages total!

Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.