[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Canadian Breeders
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Canadian Breeders
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Anyone have an advice on how to pick the right one, I've been looking at a few and dont know how to narrow it down. What should be the main things to look for in a breeder? Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: Canadian Breeders
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

First of all, read the first post in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11816

The first place you look for breeders is on the internet. A fancy website does not make a good breeder. The BEST way is to actually visit the breeder's facilities. If they are a good breeder, they welcome visits. You can see their facilities and how they raise their litters, see the queens and studs. You want to look for a breeder who socializes the kittens in the home with the family and other pets. Those will be very well adjusted to go to new homes over kittens that are kept in cat runs with just their mothers and have very little human interaction.

Google the breeders and see what pops up. You may find forum posts from people who have dealt with them -- good or bad. There may be Canadian bengal owners here who can recommend a great breeder. Post on other cat forums -- there are a LOT of them on the web. Most of all, do not be in a hurry and make a wrong decision!

As for questions you want to ask the breeder -- if you've clicked the link I've posted, a list of questions should be there. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am no expert but firstly I decided exactly what type of bengal I wanted. colour/pattern etc. so that narrowed down the amount of breeders I had to go through. I actually looked at a ton of sites before I found my breeder. If you can visit this is best. I couldnt but all the information I needed was on the website. the contract/screening/vaccinations. parentage Tica registration etc. some claim to be Tica registered but aren't so I went onto the Tica website myself to check. I actually ended up going for a completely different kitten to what I had planned :lol: I think you just know when you have found the one . I emailed the breeder all the questions I had etc. then I took it from there.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

And Misty posted about her wonderful experience with her breeder in another topic! Know that the majority of breeders are GREAT breeders. But someone always finds that one who is not and has a bad experience. I can't believe nobody else has posted on here or maybe they messaged you. Hopefully, you will have a great experience like Misty did.