[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - CHOOSING NAMES - HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOURS?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My other half chose Hendrix. He'd always wanted a Bengal and he'd had this name lined up for ages. When we decided on two, we struggled to agree on anything, but then Maroon 5 came on the radio, with 'Moves like Jagger' and that was that, Jagger was name number 2.

He certainly does have the moves like Jagger - he really swaggers when he walks lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have an internet radio station and really into music so I wanted rock related names. One of my cats is light with a blonde marble coat. I named her Blondie. I have always loved the name Grace and if I had a daughter, that would be her name so that's the other cat's name (after Grace Slick).

If you are looking for some 80's rock name suggestions to go with Rio, here are a few: Genesis, Journey, Prince, Jovi, Queen, Petty, Toto, Floyd, Sting, Squeeze, Loverboy, Asia, Madonna...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 am 
Bengal Cat

I already had my boy Cosmo and wanted a name to suit his. I had a shortlist of about 5 names, but Luna was the one that I kept getting drawn to.

And it suits her perfectly, she's such a little lunatic! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 am 
Bengal Cat

Thor because it's a strong mythical name, and Scarlett because it's girly and cute :).

My past cats were Zeus, Oreo, Titan, Leonidas and now Thor and Scarlett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:09 am 
Bengal Kitten

We picked Safari for our little girl because it spoke to her exotic and adventurous side. We already had a resident snowshoe named Sahara (named after the color of her coat) and Safari seemed to fit well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Samson - because I knew he was going to turn out to be big and strong. His father was a big cat, so I knew Sam would be too. He often gets called Rolihlahla or Roli - after Nelson Mandela's birth name meaning "Troublemaker". Sam is definitely a troublemaker. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wanted an Asian name, given the ALC heritage. The name Suri popped up during my google search of Asian cat names. The Suri dynasty was a former South Asian empire, and there is even a town in West BENGAL India named Suri. Id say it suits my bengal baby purrfectly. (had to do it!) Suri definitely fits this kitty!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:08 am 
Bengal Kitten

I love the thought you put into Suri's name. Very well done! Sounds like it does suit her! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden - Japanese God of Thunder -- and it certainly applies to him. He's loud!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oscar already had his name - looked it up and it's celtic and means jumping warrior......very apt!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:05 pm 
Senior Bengal

My kitten is called Fitch because my boyfriend's favourite shop is Abercrombie & Fitch; i thought Abercrombie is a bit too much of a mouthful for a name.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Abercrombie sounds regal!!! Fitch, not so much! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My girlfriend and I (We use the same account) decided on 'Pixel' for our Bengal. We're both hobbyist photographers, and it just seemed fitting for that reason and because of rosettes. We decided to adopt a shelter kitty, who we named Iso (like the film speed camera setting) to go along with the photography theme.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:52 pm 
Senior Bengal

We chose the name Zelda from a pool of (in my opinion) rather varied and interesting names. Mythological names (Egyptian and Greek), Asian and Indian names (due to the ALC heritage), etc... We picked a few "top choices", but I waited until we went for a nice, long visit with her at the breeder's home before deciding.

In our case, Zelda was inspired by the Nintendo video game series. Specifically, the princess from Ocarina of Time. This particular character, to me, represents feminine elegance and grace while also being courageous, strong, intelligent, and capable. Our girl is very brave and curious, she adapts quickly and has a strong will. She's motivated and determined - she was a litter of one, but has no problem playing with some of her older half siblings despite the size and age differences! But she's not aggressive or challenging. So to me, the name "Zelda" just seemed to fit more so that the others we were considering.

We will probably try to incorporate some of the others we were considering into her TICA registration name, though. :)