It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:27 pm 
Bengal Kitten

To give a quick disclaimer, I'm not the person who just does no research shows up on the forum and posts a picture of a kitten and says "will this look like a cheetah?" :P I've been searching around quite a bit, but I haven't seen any similar patterns and I'm wondering how he'll turn out.

He has these large inky spots with very minimal inner rosetting, but he has great contrast with his coat which first drew me to him. This wouldn't concern me as much if he were younger (I know their patterns change a lot), but he's already 3+ months (born on Sept. 7), and they don't seem to be opening up hardly at all.

In my research, I only saw one similar kitten with this pattern progression, and he's a stud from http://www.bengalbabies.org/ on their homepage.

Just curious to hear your thoughts, and see if anyone else has examples/experience with similar pattern and ages and if they'll open up more. So many choices and variables when picking a Bengal kitten! haha :D

I attempted to attach a picture of him, but for some reason I'm not able to attach it. I put it in drive and embedded the link so we'll see if it works. I'll attach pictures of the parents as well if it does work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hmm. Can't figure out how to edit my post.

Here's the picture of the kitten and I will post the pictures of his parents shortly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_g4Bq9mZEPldUhuUGRYVlBQR2o0UmhUellZdjY2dDFEaUNJ/view?usp=sharing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on your baby. Most rosetted bengals have a lighter center in the rosettes. Most of your kitty's are solid. If you want to post the name of the breeder (cattery), I will do some research on them myself. Know that these days, breeders are trying new things -- they want to get new patterns and colors. One breeder is attempting a "red" bengal.

What I am seeing -- and I am no expert -- is a mixture of marbeling and rosetting. Rosettes normally don't blend together like marbeling. Without actually seeing the parents, it is difficult to tell what is going on here. Your cat is clearly a bengal. If you get registration papers for this cutie, it will say what type of bengal it is. And if you give out the name of the cattery, I may be able to help you more.