[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Luther Burbank Bailey
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Luther Burbank Bailey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tomorrow is planting day for the five plants that were on the back lawn absorbing the morning sun. Bailey came by to cheek rub each plant and the one with the tiny yellow flowers got claw and cheek rubs. He will be helping with the planting tomorrow. Kayley was busy inspecting the catnip as Bailey was cheek rubbing and showing off for the camera. Yesterday, she was busy toppling the flower pots to sniff the base of the plants. I will note that there were no yellow flowers last week when she started cheek rubbing the branches. Bailey does not like barren branches, so it is a purfect gardening team.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmqRkCgVj

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

On planting day, Bailey appeared when the first shovel full of soil was removed and placed into an empty flower pot for another transplant. Kayley came by to supervise her boys and Uncle Spanky came by to check on everyone and the catnip plants. Mixing the new soil with sand and manure was something that Bailey used his paws to help mix. With one plant in the ground, the boys drifted over to the side of the house to chew on the dried Purple Fountain Grass blades. Kayley pulled a 5 inch root out of the ground and was prancing with it in her mouth and a curled tail. Of course, she had to tease the boys to show them that it was HERS. She "accidently" rubbed it on Bailey and the chase was on. With 4 of the 5 empty plastic pots on the lawn, Bailey was inside of each seeing if any would be a good Easter cap. With his head inside one of the pots, Kayley jumped on his rump and the chase was on.

One of the plants has dozens of small yellow flowers on it and all the flying insects around tried to land on them. Kayley would leap in the air and clap her front paws trying to capture them. Bailey's approach was to roll in the newly poured sand and crush any insects by rolling over on them. Four hours later all the work was done and the 4 of us came inside ready for our afternoon naps. Well, Bailey was STARVING so he was feed before the napping could start. The new plants have been faithfully inspected multiple times on a daily basis and this morning, Kayley started chewing on branches that she wanted trimmed on the side of the house because they interfere with her preferred walking path. I got the hint and she doubled checked the trimmings by walking on her path to make sure none dared touch her.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So wonderful that you have great helpers. Mine wouldn't lift a finger to help with anything. Raiden is not allowed outside unless he is in a leash. The other one prefers to just sleep in our planter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Inspector Clouseau-Bailey was playing ping pong with me on the back lawn when his nemesis, the fat robin ("FR") landed near the newly planted flowers to steal a worm! Inspector Clouseau-Bailey sprang into action by making progressively louder machine gun rattle sounds prior to charging the worm burglar and thwarting the worm theft. FR landed on the maple tree to torment Inspector Clouseau-Bailey but he sharpened his hooks on the trunk and then chased the FR as it fled the back yard. Here he is at the scene of the crime:

https://imageshack.com/i/plco8yNYj

When FR teases Kayley she makes her machine gun sounds and then leaps with both from paws reaching for FR.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your babies really love the outdoors. Mine do too on these beautiful spring days. Both cats are fascinated by birds, period. We have seven bird feeders out and they definitely keep the cats amused. Every now and then the DSH will grab one. Robins are ground feeders and do a good job of avoiding the cats.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

After having rested the big bod on the newly planted sun flower seeds, Bailey went to the sunny side near the house to roll on his back and inspect his plants:

https://imageshack.com/i/poedM8Ydj

It is good to have a camera ham in the family!

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gee, why don't I have a "fun" cat, like Bailey! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bailey was sashaying down the hall to the kitchen with his tail up and waving this morning. He turned and started around the kitchen island to the dry food corner when our very own "Kayley in the Amazon Box" leaped over him. Bailey raced to the patio with his signature wide tail. Kayley, of course, raced to the cat condo and started grooming to pretend that she had been there all the time! Bailey did return to the scene of the food 15 minutes later and made sure that Kayley was, in fact, at the cat condo.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have two cats and they just don't behave this way. They just chase each other and knock things over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:53 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

While Bailey and i were watering the terraces, Kayley was left on the covered patio to enjoy the warm morning sun rays. The 50 pound paper bag of sand was also on the patio and apparently it interfered with her rolling on the patio. When we returned she had no only dug a hole in the base of the bag, she had worked more sand out so she could roll on the warm sand.

https://imageshack.com/i/poagiaqfj note the sand on her back

After so much work, Kayley was busy trying to empty their fish tank:

https://imageshack.com/i/poEfuKl4j

Bailey thought that the sand on the patio was perfect for his rolling over on it, only if Kayley was not nearby to tease him!

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

These antics are just super funny. I love them.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

During a paws (pause) in the morning weeding rounds with Bailey, he was asked to say "cheese" and he did:

https://imageshack.com/i/pnunLPlnj

It is good to have a big ham in the family.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Look at that smile ..... :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The full crew was helping with the afternoon flower and lawn watering and that included Bailey hiding in the shade to thwart any wrens from "spotting" him:

https://imageshack.com/i/poUhfodxj

in about a month, grasshoppers will be hiding from Bailey at that same location.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3-1

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bailey looks super chilled and relaxed.