It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:18 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

During a break in the morning snowfall, Bailey inspected his back yard and his favorite viewing spot, the planter (also used by Generalissimo Kayley) had snow on it level with his eyes while standing. He then illustrated the proper etiquette for Bengals eating snow:

1- grab a ball of show with your right front paw
2- open your mouth as wide as you can and
3- push the ball of snow into your mouth making sure that the excess splatters over your face (and it did)

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I find it amazing that most cats don't mind being out in the snow. I don't think I've ever seen mine actually eat it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My early morning snow shoveling required both Bailey and Kayley to help and supervise each shovel full of snow. During their chases, Bailey tried gliding on the soft, mushy snow and only got more snow all over him, much to his sister Kayley's delight. The back lawn has about 2 square feet with no Bengal prints on the snow. As Bailey charged at Kayley, who was hiding under the catnip branches, she did a 180 degree turn and rattled the branches to dump snow on Bailey. He looked very dashing with his back covered in white snow powder. Bird hunting was one of their past times when not chasing each other in the snow. Uncle Spanky only placed one front paw in the 2 inch deep snow before deciding that the fireplace cat sofa was a much better place to visit.

Only 8 paper towels were required to dry out the pair this morning...

ptolemy and the Bengal 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bailey now helps with snow shoveling by standing behind me until an area has been shoveled, then he moves between my legs and sits on the cleaned area waiting for the area in front of him to be shoveled. Periodically, he curls his paw to grab some snow to lick and then moves to the new snow free spot. It is not fast but it is fun.
Kayley likes to inspect the work area after it has been cleared of snow, while Spanky makes a cameo appearance and WRHANNNAs at the snow.

ptolemy and the Bengal 3