[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Water play excessive
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Water play excessive
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 am 
Bengal Kitten

my 7 month old baby girl Gypsy was drinking water nicely out of her fountain but now this week she started playing with it and completely scooping the entire contents out onto our hard wood floor. I tried just a bowl to see if she would stop the mess but she does the same thing with the bowl. I’m afraid she won’t gwt enough water if I don’t have a constant available water source for her. Is this just a faze? I do fill my sink and let her play in there since this seems to be a new trait of hers. She used to play in the toilet but I think that’s gross so I detoured her from that quickly. Looking for advise on giving her water. I do have her water fountain about 10 feet from her food dishes. Wet and dry choices in her bowls.

Post subject: Re: Water play excessive
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum! Since you are here on the bengal forum, I'm guessing Gypsy is a bengal. Bengals love playing in water! Many bengals insist on drinking from a faucet. And most love fountains. Trust me, your baby will drink water when thirsty! But, putting paws in the water is common. Mine does it before drinking the water. If you are really concerned about your wood floors, then take a bath towel and fold it and put it under the fountain so it catches the mess or place the fountain in a larger pan. A Neater Feeder will also do this, however, it is not a fountain, but holds a small stainless steel bowl (also will hold a food bowl).

If this is the only issue you have with her, you are lucky.

Post subject: Re: Water play excessive
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm 
Senior Bengal

The same thing happened here! One of my bengals started to scoop water out of the fountain with his paw till it was completely empty. I solved the problem by buying a new fountain, one with a closed in water reservoir (like the catit one with the flower on top). MAybe when they are older I'll re-introduce the other fountain to see if the habit went away. I'm not getting my hopes up though, as I need to keep the toilet lid closed as well. All the water will be scooped out if I don't :lol:

Instagram: @snow_bengal_brothers #snow_bengal_brothers