It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:37 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It really didn't take much. I spent time hugging and kissing Bella, praising her for her beauty, and simply paying some extra attention. She's back to hanging around me. At least for the time being.

Her kitty stroller should be arriving shortly and I'll take her out in that. I don't know how well it will work; she may hate it. But I really want to give her some new sights and smells without all the difficulties of a halter and leash.

She still awakens me promptly around 7 AM - that's better than previously, when she'd begin scratching the sides of the mattress at 6. I guess she realizes that I simply will not get up as early as she'd like. She's like a little alarm clock!

She and Jamie are still romping around. But there's jealousy and swatting because of that. Just normal, I guess. I was going to get a third - a male - cat, but have decided not to complicate the situation. Bella should probably have been an only cat, though at my age I can't see how I'd ever have been able to entertain her. Jamie takes care of that nicely, since the two cats are evenly matched for age and energy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 am 
Senior Bengal

That is good to hear! Give her as much time as she needs when the stroller arrives and let her get used to it in her own pace. Most cat's won't be exited right away but if you make sure the stroller is connected to positive things only (a new place to play or sleep or give her special treats inside the stroller) she will know soon: stroller = fun. Then you can take it step by step pushing it around with her inside. Take it slow and you will have something special to share soon. Have fun!

Instagram: @snow_bengal_brothers #snow_bengal_brothers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ellen, I would definitely not add another cat to the mix. It could go very well or extremely badly and I would not take a chance like that. As for the stroller, roll her around in it in your apartment. Get her used to it that way before you actually take her outside. She may be terrified of the elevator noise, and then the bustle out on the street. Make sure everything is secure in the stroller so she cannot escape. Bengals are known for weaseling their way out of things, so please be extra careful. You may get lots of stares on the street, but if you can find a spot with less people, I think Bella will enjoy the fresh air and the view. You may need to bring some treats for her and never take her out of the stroller and hold her. She may jump out of your hands after scratching you to death and be off and running and lost in a city of millions of people where bengals are not allowed, period. This stroller thing is a new experience for you as well, so be extra careful.