[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My cat pees on the bed and sofa! Help!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:00 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All

I have an 11 month Bengal (female) and she sporadically pees on the sofa, our bed or the spare bed. It happens once every 3/4/5 weeks, there seems to be no pattern to it. Last night she peed on the sofa and this morning the spare bed. I had just cleaned out the litter box too!

We have experimented with different litter, extra boxes, moving boxes around.

I've tried feeding her where she pees, until this morning it has been 8 weeks since she peed on the spare bed so I moved the food to the sofa thinking she was done with peeing on that bed.

I've put shower curtains over the beds which stops her but took them away thinking she had broken the habit.

We also have an 11 month female tabby and a 3 year male main coon. All have been neutered. They play together, groom each other and most of the time get on. We live in a two bed appartment and they are indoor cats. We will be moving to a house with a garden in 5 months and will let them be outdoor cats if they wish.

We are tuning out of options and literally have no clue what to do. She has been to the vet and doesn't have a uti.

I would be so upset to have to re home her but we have a three month old baby and starting to struggle. She has been behaving like this since we got her, it's not happened since the baby came along.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful!! We love her loads and just want her to stop peeing!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. This problem is common among multi-cat households. How many litter boxes do you have? You need FOUR and they need to be spread out the home -- not all in one spot. When medical issues have been ruled out, it is usually stress related. Many times it is a territorial thing. Could there be outdoor cats coming around your property that your kitty can smell or even see? The territorial problem is more with males than females. However ... there is a problem somewhere! It sounds as if all your kitties get along, but is there ever any aggression between them? You might check out Jackson Galaxy's Spirit Essences http://www.spiritessences.com and see if there is a remedy that might help you out.