It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I did post a reply in your introduction post. It is very common for a new kitty to become quite stressed out. He's just left his mom and siblings and all the familiar sounds and smells and has come into a new home with different people,sounds and smells. It's quite the change for many kitties. You have him in a "safe" room right now, which is good. But, as I said in my previous post, it is important that you begin socializing him and bonding with him, so go in the bathroom and sit on the floor and read or talk to him. Let him get used to your presence and smell. Most breeder's contracts state you need to take your kitty to the vet within 72 hours for a wellness visit. If yours states that, make sure you do that. And the breeder should have provided you with a vaccination report if the kitten has been vaccinated.

Most of all, make sure your house is bengal-proof. They can get into anything and everything, so scoot down on the floor and look around from his level. Second, make sure your home is catified. Bengals require a tall place to rest -- cat tree is perfect. Know that Howard will gain confidence the more you are with him. Give him time. Patience is the key right now. You have nothing to worry about ..... your scenario is perfectly normal for most bengals.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I had a new adopted cat take up residence in my bedroom closet for two solid weeks. She emerged only to eat food, use the litter box, and hiss at me en route. :biggrin:

I sat on the floor nearby and talked to her every day. Now she is my little lap bunbun!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Kittens need a lot of time to adjust and it is very important to read online how to welcome them in your home on the first day. It is a procedure which should be enforced properly.

Follow experts advice about introducing your cat to your home. Quick google search will give you sites like petMD and others which can give you real advice.