It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Indoor or Outdoor?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Raiden insists on his walks. He's ready to go the second my eyes open in the morning, but I need time to get myself awake and put together before we go out the door, so he yowls until I open the door and out we go. When we return, he will take a nice long nap. Then, he's up and yowling for his afternoon walk, which is usually an hour away. Today we are having thunderstorms and heavy rains and I have yet to get him out for his afternoon walk. We may not make it out if the rain doesn't stop. He is currently sleeping on his cat bed in the living room and everything seems fine. When he wakes up, he will be crying to go out. He doesn't mind light sprinkles, but forget a downpour. He doesn't like water that much!

Walking on a harness and leash is the best and safest way unless you have a nice fenced in yard with the Purrfect fence attachment that will prevent the cats from going over. However, it doesn't keep them from going under, which my friend discovered after having the Purrfect fence installed. Four of her cats got out. Three returned and she found the fourth one three weeks later down the street.

I think most of us here agree that the safety of our pets is foremost on our minds. Most who do let their cats out during the day, bring them inside at night.