It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cat Genie Litter Box
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:01 pm 
Bengal Kitten

i have the cat genie with my last cat and i must tell you it works amazing!!!! i just got a brand new bengal kitten and I'm having a hard time getting her to use it which makes me sad anyone have any ideas how to get her to use it instead of peeing under my couch!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome and congratulations on your baby. It is always a good idea to continue using the litter box and type of litter the breeder was using as that is what the kitten is used to. I watched the video on the Cat Genie and I could see how many cats would not like using this. Does it appear to have a "sanitary" odor? Many cats do not like "scented" anything. It is possible your baby will never want to use it and will find other places to pee. My advice is to purchase an inexpensive litter box and the cat litter your breeder used and try that. If you baby uses that just fine -- then store the Cat Genie away until a later time. You will never be able to force your baby to do anything it does not want to do on its own.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We use the Littermaid automatic box and really like it. We have 2 small female bengals and one 20 lb moggie. All use the litterbox.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Not sure if this is still relevant but if you're going to spend a load (like $/£200+) on a litter box, I'd recommend the Litter Robot Open Air.

I've been running mine for nearly 8 months now and it's worked flawlessly.

I've never even had to clean it.

The only maintenance it needs is a daily top up scoop of litter (I use worlds best but plenty cheaper ones would work as well), and to dump the waste drawer every 2 days - that's the average for my 2 cats but there's also a sensor light to show when it needs emptying. Aside from that, litter management does not exist in my house :)

I have it located next to the downstairs loo so it's simply a matter of pulling out the tray, chucking it all in the loo and flush. Takes 20 seconds. As you can tell, if you're prepared to take the hit, I can't rate the thing highly enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think we have a topic on the Little Robot Open Air somewhere. I have ordered a high-sided litter box for Raiden as he kicks the litter all over the place. Cleaning out the litter box takes very little time for me, so it isn't an issue.