It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:39 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My male Bengal, 10 yrs old has always had loose and smelly stools. He also has had chronic ear problems. Recently I had a new vet supply me with Mometamax for his ear problems... The ears and scabby nose cleared up in two weeks. Also since the first day I started it his stools became very normal and really reduced in odor. This is amazing to me since I have tried so many different ear treatments and many different grain free food also.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't know how ear problems and loose stools are related -- but at least the medication worked on both problems. My bengal is 10 years old and has loose and smelly stools most of the time. I put a probiotic on his wet food but if he doesn't eat the food, he doesn't get the probiotic, which does help when he does eat it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 pm 
Bengal Kitten

saw my vet last night. She said that mometamax has a small amount of a steroid in it. The thought that this was helping with the diarea and smelly stool. We are trying to check this out as we go off the mometamax. When ears problem is fix we will go on a topical steroid that can be applied to the ear, since dave, my bengal,
will not take an oral pill of any kind and shots of steroids can be harmful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Anything topical works for me! I hate giving cats pills. I've tried a pill popper, pill pockets. My bengal will spit the pill out minutes later. My moggie goes for a dental cleaning Monday and I am going to HATE having to administer his pain meds and antibiotics since he has an infected tooth. Ugh! I hope you find something that works for your baby.