It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:43 am 
Bengal Kitten

Minou ("mee-noo") is a sweet and calm mature female bengal, looking for a calm house (probably without small children). Her owner is moving to Asia for 2 years, and would not be allowed to re-patriate her due to local laws, and is looking for a good home in the Northern California area for her. She is 13 years old, but has a fair amount of young energy.

She is only somewhat vocal, and mainly makes a few distinct chirping sounds, with a brief howl when she is playing. She spends much of her time taking naps or sunbathing in the window, but loves playing with feather toys, and hunting small rolling objects and laser light. She like to help herself to faucet water in the bathroom, but is not keen on baths (she grooms herself twice a day). When the weather gets cold, she becomes more affectionate, occasionally seeking a warm lap, but is more independent in the warm season with several greetings per day. She is wonderful company when I am home alone, and most active in the morning, and early evening (sleeps through the afternoon and night). She was de-clawed by her previous owner.

She has lived with a gentle large dog for 6 months - she is the alpha in that relationship - it took her a week to adjust, which I understand is normal. Health-wise, she is in good health, and has all vaccinations up to date. The only health issue she has had is teeth & gum cleaning approximately every 3 years. Very easy-going, and accustomed to city apartments, she would make a wonderful companion in a quieter home. Loud noises and fast moving people tend to cause her stress, although she has mellowed out tremendously since her kitten days when she would hide from guests.

If you are in the SF area, please contact me for a meet-up! I can also answer any other questions!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.