It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:24 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello all, hope you and your animal companions are all well :biggrin:

This is my first post on this forum, and hopefully not my last.

I have fallen in love with Bengals; they're gorgeous and their active personalities would make them the ideal new family member. We've been thinking about a cat for years, but up until now life has had a way of taking over. I've wanted animals since being a small child, and any Bengal that comes into our home will be very much loved, respected, and cared for. Money isn't an issue when it comes to those dependent on me, so I'm happy to pay for the right nutrition, regular check-ups, insurance, vaccinations, worming/de-flea, as well as activities in the home such as climbing facilities etc if required alongside anything else that would be useful (thought I'd mention the obvious in case people thought I hadn't done my research). If you're rehoming your beloved pet, I'm also happy to let you have updates, and would even consider visits.

I'm not sure how much detail is required, but if I've missed anything 'essential', please do ask via PM.

What am I looking for?
- Male preferably
- As young as possible but over 6 months
- Preferably just one, but happy to consider a pair if you think it would be in the cats' interests
- spayed, vaccinated, and well looked after
- happy with an indoor cat, and happy to respect this, but equally happy with a cat who goes out. Happy to buy leads and walk it if necessary too!

A little about my family:
- Myself (30), and my 11 and 8 year old daughters. We're all fun loving, with excellent senses of humour (hence why the Bengal would fit in here!)
- Both children are loving, happy and content children, no behavioural issues, and familiar with the animals of close friends (lots of exclamations of 'awww!' with every living creature they encounter!)
- I have looked after cats of friends in the past; once for a year for my landlady
- I'm studying medicine (human, not veterinary!), so the cat would be very well looked after
- I'm out on placement some daytimes, others I work from home, and we're always home in the evenings, and at weekends
- When I qualify, I'm hoping to have a nanny/au pair for the children, so they'd be in the house even more
- Fully intend to offer a LIFELONG home

I hope the above is sufficient, and that the information I've provided demonstrates that we'd be suitable new owners. Please do ask for clarification.

Happy to provide character references, including from those whose animals I've cared for. Happy to meet, and also happy to travel to wherever you are. Will be glad to make a donation to an animal charity in lieu of payment for your cat.

I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S If you've made a thread already about your cat, please don't assume I'm not interested. Please get in touch. I haven't purely because the post dates are quite old, and I'm guessing they've already found homes!