[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hello!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi my name is James. I've always been a cat lover but have not had a cat in awhile. Last November my wife and I adopted two Bengal/Savannah mix cats. Cleopatra and King Tut.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19TWuL ... uzJ9ZOtUEz

They are supposed to be a cross between a Bengal and a Savannah.

We got them for free. The lady who breeds these cats said she couldn't sell the male because he had white legs and feet and the female was the runt. These are not supposed to be litter mates but could be half siblings. These cats get along well and would be lost without each other.

They have a good temperament. The lady had a daughter about my daughter's age (seven) so I'm sure these cats were well socialized from the time they were kittens. My daughter is not mean to them but kind of roughhouses them. You know how kids hold cats with their arm under their legs? They must not care too much because they don't run from her and like to perch in her loft bed when she's in it. Plus these cats really play hard with each other.

They were born about the same time. So they are roughly five months old. The male weighs 10 lbs and he is the size of a full grown cat. But he's not fat. I think the female weighs about nine pounds. I have seen some of her other cats and one was the size of a bob cat.

The weird thing about these cats is I don't know I have ever heard them meow. I have heard them make weird noises when they play with each other and get too rough.

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi James. Based on your pictures, you do not have any bengal/savannah kitties. There are absolutely zero characteristics of a hybrid cat. The fact that you got them for free should have told you that. There is no white on a bengal or savannah and a bengal would have rosettes and a savannah spots. Please google pictures and you'll see what I mean. Plus, hybrids are extremely vocal cats.

That being said, these kitties need love just as any purebred or hybrid cat were, but I hate that you were told these cats had any bengal or savannah in them. This so-called breeder probably doesn't have a bengal or savannah to breed as they are very expensive cats to purchase with breeding rights. Savannahs can go for as much as $20,000. Bengals are $3,500 to $5,000 and higher.

Just love on these beauties and enjoy them.

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My wife was the one who found these cats. Facebook where else?

The male does seem to be large for his age. One of the males this woman had was the size if a bobcat.

None the less I love these cats and even if they are not true hybrids doesn't matter.