It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got Sir Oberon from a friend who had gotten him from a shelter in May of 2017. The shelter had pronounced him anti-social and not litter trained. He had just been neutered at the shelter and had a tooth pulled. We figure that he was a retired breeder and show cat.

It turns out he is very social, just ornery, especially if he hasn't gotten enough to eat. He won't eat kibble so self-feeding was not an option. I finally figured out that he requires two 6 oz cans of wet food and 1-2 servings of raw meat every day.

He uses the litter box cheerfully as well as every toilet in the house and anything that looks like a toilet including the bathtub and the shower. I keep aluminum foil in my bathtub, but I started out with a mixture of cayenne pepper and lemon juice in an inch of water to keep him out. I keep a large tray in the shower for him to use, which I flip out of the way when I shower. I have no idea whether he was toilet trained by his previous owner or self taught. He didn't seem to use the toilet for my friend who had her May-August.

I have lever handled doors throughout the house, so I keep all doors locked because they are very easy for him to open. He seems to be able to figure out when a door hasn't been locked. :) He once got into the garage, and then opened the garage door by somehow pressing the button on the wall.

He likes to chew (perforate) my rubber Croc shoes, neatly fringe newspapers and rip covers off of favorite books. If I try to move when he has decided it is time to knead, slobber and purr, he will wrap his large jaw around my wrist as if to say "I am not done with you yet. I can hurt you..."

Like many cats who show affection, he head bumps, only he does it so intensely, it is more like head punching.

I adore him, even if he does have a voice even a mother can't love!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ahhh, you have Oberon and I have the Puck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ahhh, life with a bengal. Always an adventure! When you get a rescue cat, you never know what type of life the cat had previously, so you are starting from scratch! Bengals are a challenge, period! I thought mine was a handful, but you have me beat! LOL