[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - charcoal snow kittens
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: charcoal snow kittens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:54 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi All!

New to the site and hoping I can get a few opinions:

I'm a lucky parent to a beautiful brown rosetted bengal girl. About to adopt another bengal as a playmate. I'm fortunate enough to be able to adopt a charcoal snow. They were just born, so no pics as of yet. It's been a bit difficult to find photos of mature charcoal snow minks and sepias. I see a lot of charcoal SLP, but not much of the other two. So here's the question:

What do you guys think about these two colors? Do you have a favorite? If so, why? I understand the difference between darker coloration in the sepias, but just wanted to get a few other bengal owners thoughts. Thanks so much! - Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on your upcoming baby. I think ALL charcoals are just stunning! It should never be the color of the bengal in choosing one -- it's the personality that one needs to consider first of all. Can't wait to see pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 am 
Bengal Kitten

Absolutely agree, and that will be the number one factor.
Just wondering if those on the forum have any thoughts on these two different colors because there are not as many photos online for these specific types. They change dramatically in color from babies to adults. Anyone out there an owner of either of these types? Would love to see a photo of the adults if you are. Thx so much for your reply,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Charcoals are just coming into their own thing with breeders trying to specifically breed a charcoal. I love the dark looking ones. There are pictures all over the place of charcoal babies -- not sure there are many snows.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When one is ordering a kitten, the only thing to judge is the color. Of course if you have the chance to meet the kitten in person, it'd be more of an emotional thing.

So I understand where you're coming from, as I ordered mine online too.

Colors are personal preferences, one can open your eyes to other possibilities but can't change your mind. That said, I'll answer you with question:

Do you plan to breed the two?
If so, you may need to consider the outcome color possibilities.
If not, you may consider if you want to have both cats alike or opposite/different in colors.

Looking forward for pictures in time... good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I recall a post somewhere -- may not have even been on this forum. The person bought the kitten online. The kitten arrived and the "fit" just wasn't there. She had to return the cat. I always recommend a visit to the cattery to see the kittens. In the majority of cases, the "fit" is fine. But sometimes it isn't and it's awful for the kitten to go back to the breeder. If we all wanted the most stunning bengals, a lot of them would never get homes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I adopted two mix breed SLP kittens. I had Grace genetically tested and turns out she is charcoal snow, but no paperwork so that means not purebred. Both of the kitties were very light at 4 months old and every week I could see them getting darker. Now Grace is very dark, Blondie too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks, CMYKJill. This is exactly what I was looking for! You've clearly got a charcoal, hence her mask and little white "spectacles" around her eyes! She's beautiful. From these photos she looks like she's a seal point lynx snow mix. They always gave blue eyes and the dark points on the ears. But since she's mixed I guess the could be any color. I knew they changed color dramatically as they get older (as do standard snows.) I just was wondering how dark the charcoal minks and sepia get as adults. The lynx is the lightest of the snows and I wanted to see how dark the background and spots get.
Appreciate the photos of your beautiful cats! I'll post some photos of my kitten when I get her and update along the way. That way folks who are interested in charcoal snows can get an idea. There certainly are not a lot of them yet, but they are becoming far more popular.
-Amy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Amy it has been like a flower that keeps blooming different colors over time. Now that they are 3 years old I think their coat will stay basically the same. They have been very interesting cats to raise. Never a dull moment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:35 am 
Senior Bengal

CMYKjill Your cats are so beautiful!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My gosh, Jill, Blondie and Grace are looking completely different these days. Still stunning babies.